DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Charging

ResQMike

Reactions
So you go outside and fly a few missions, the batteries are close to being depleted, do you go home and charge them rigth away or wait to charge till prior to your next flight?

Reactions: mereflyer
Don't store the batteries empty for a long time. I keep them at about 40-60% charge and when I am planning a flight I charge those I want to use to 100%. After the flight I charge them again to 40-60%.
Even that they are LiPo that discharge themselves to a 'safe' level, I don't charge them at 100% if I am not going to flight soon.

Reactions: mereflyer
optimally, based upon 'data & recommendations', you'd recharge them up to around 60%, then store

if you're going to fly again in the next day or so then recharge to 100%

the problem with the 60% level is the only way you can gauge that is by charging the battery in the drone and keeping tabs thru your RC. If you use charging hubs you can only guess based upon the flashing lights. Somewhere between the 2lights-->3lights. If it's 3lights-->4lights you're probably over 70%, although that shouldn't matter. But you have to be right there during charging, keeping tabs, and that is kind of a pain

Here a solution that works for me . It not only changes all my batteries at once but has a setting to take them down to 60%. I have one for my mini3 pro and my Mavics
it's intriguing but are you sure it will discharge DOWN to 60%?

the write-up says it only charges up...to either 60% or 100%, not down. Seems like an actual discharge function might be a problem to manufacture and an even bigger problem to safely discharge without damaging batteries

Seems like an actual discharge function might be a problem to manufacture and an even bigger problem to safely discharge without damaging batteries
The Hanatora charger has a discharge function. I use it on my Mavic 2 batteries, and it works fine. To keep the batteries in good shape I regularly do a cycle: First charge fully, then discharge them to around 5-10%, then let them rest over night, then charge them to 60%.
The Hanatora discharge function works well, it displays the voltage and Amps, and it shuts off before the battery is damaged due too low charge. It takes several hours to discharge a full battery.

The Hanatora charger has a discharge function. I use it on my Mavic 2 batteries, and it works fine. To keep the batteries in good shape I regularly do a cycle: First charge fully, then discharge them to around 5-10%, then let them rest over night, then charge them to 60%.
The Hanatora discharge function works well, it displays the voltage and Amps, and it shuts off before the battery is damaged due too low charge. It takes several hours to discharge a full battery.
is there a discharge switch? How is the discharge cycle started?

I’ve gone ahead and ordered the units for the Mini 3 Pro and for the Mavic 3. I’ve got over $1000 in batteries, so perhaps it’s worth the investment to manage the batteries.

is there a discharge switch? How is the discharge cycle started?
You connect the batteries, hold a button until a LED changes colour, then it starts discharging. The batteries dissipates heat during discharging, so the charger has a fan running.

What a pity, seems to be a great tool to keep your batteries in good health, but they won't ship it to Belgium and even though, there seems not to be a Mavic 2 version :(

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky