DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery checker

JMC3

Reactions
When I flew electric RC airplanes I had a stand alone module that checked my lithium batteries. It told me volts and amps remaining on the batteries. Is there an aftermarket device that does this for the pro 2 batteries?

When I flew electric RC airplanes I had a stand alone module that checked my lithium batteries. It told me volts and amps remaining on the batteries. Is there an aftermarket device that does this for the pro 2 batteries?
I have not seen one, It's not as convenient but you can always click the battery level icon in the DJI Go 4 app and it will bring up this screen:
Screenshot_20190717-235229.png

There are some third party chargers that show charging details like volts/amps. Even will charge/discharge to storage capacity.

With this charger you can see the voltage and the current when charging.
I bought it at Aliexpress for a few dollar and it works fine.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    882 KB · Views: 21
With this charger you can see the voltage and the current when charging.
I bought it at Aliexpress for a few dollar and it works fine.
Will it discharge as well?

I paid a lot for the warranty so using the third party charger could void it but thanks for the tip.
cheers
Of course not, I use this device for more than 1 year, about 4 months ago I got swollen batterys, it was simply reimbursed under warranty by DJI

Of course not, I use this device for more than 1 year, about 4 months ago I got swollen batterys, it was simply reimbursed under warranty by DJI
Now for that DJI could void the warranty when charging with a third party charger, but there had been a trend with the batteries swelling even with stock charger.
Normally though warranty wouldn't be voided unless you have a power issue and it can be seen the charger caused the battery to fail. Much of the intelligence is in the battery though.

Now for that DJI could void the warranty when charging with a third party charger, but there had been a trend with the batteries swelling even with stock charger.
Normally though warranty wouldn't be voided unless you have a power issue and it can be seen the charger caused the battery to fail. Much of the intelligence is in the battery though.
What intelligence of any relevance is outside the battery?

Reactions: Patrickgood
When you ask for warranty you don't have to send back the old battery, they only ask for the serial number.
They don't know anything how the battery is charged.

It told me volts and amps remaining on the batteries. Is there an aftermarket device that does this for the pro 2 batteries?
The voltage can be seen on the app. The "amp remaining" is expressed in %. E.g. if the battery capacity is 10000 mAh, 50% means there is 5000 mAh remaining.

Note that the battery capacity mentioned above is NOT the capacity shown on the label but the actual capacity measured by the BMS, the small computer inside the battery as the battery is charged and discharged. In order to let the BMS knows the actual capacity accurately, you will need to fully discharge the battery every 3 months as recommended in the user manaul.

The actual capacity can be viewed in Airdata or Litchi : Can you share the actual capacity of your battery ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21