DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery cover

pleo9462

Reactions
I recently had a crash and the battery cover came off of my mini 2. It’s not broken but I really don’t want to send it back for repair and waist a week. Is there any easy way of putting it back on without disassembling it? And if So will that void my dji care refresh protection plan.?

The actual hinge is very simple and in the dismantled state very easy to replace, see the first photo.

The problem is that, when assembled the middle shell gets in the way but the edge/lip of the top shell is VERY thin and you may be able to prise it up enough to get the hinge back inside the drone's body, see the second photo.
BE WARNED there is a cricuit board directly under the lip of the top shell, exercise great control over your prying tool and DO NOT allow it to penetrate deeply into the drones body, see the third photo.

The second photo is of an undamaged Mini 2 and I used a scapel blade (not ideal) to prise the lip of the top shell up enough to allow entry of that shaved down match stick. I think the match stick would need to be thicker to allow the hinge to enter but I would shave several match sticks to differing thicknesses and gradually widen the gap.
Heating the upper shell to "warm to the touch" with the likes of a hair drier might make things easier.

I would wait and see if anyone offers alternative methods before trying this and also try a search of the forum for Mini battery cover to see if you can find other threads dealing with this

Attachments

• mini bat cover hinge 2.jpg
    mini bat cover hinge 2.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 30
  • mini bat cover hinge 3.jpg
    mini bat cover hinge 3.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 28
@pleo9462 it really depends whether or not you have care refresh or not
if the answer is yes ,then @PhiliusFoggg 's method would be your best bet
the reason i say this is because there is a seal just inside the battery door
and if you try to remove the screws to lift the top of the shell then this sticker gets damaged
and then your care refresh is not valid because you have voided it by opening the drone
if on the other hand you have not got the care package then it is easier to put the cover back on by just undoing the screws that hold on the top shell prise it up gently and slip the hinge pins in place before doing up the screws

@pleo9462 it really depends whether or not you have care refresh or not
if the answer is yes ,then @PhiliusFoggg 's method would be your best bet
the reason i say this is because there is a seal just inside the battery door
and if you try to remove the screws to lift the top of the shell then this sticker gets damaged
and then your care refresh is not valid because you have voided it by opening the drone
if on the other hand you have not got the care package then it is easier to put the cover back on by just undoing the screws that hold on the top shell prise it up gently and slip the hinge pins in place before doing up the screws
Thanks for the response yes I do have care refresh. I was hoping to avoid having to ship it out for something that appeared to be a simple fix. Glad I asked before I opened it up.

Reactions: old man mavic
The actual hinge is very simple and in the dismantled state very easy to replace, see the first photo.

The problem is that, when assembled the middle shell gets in the way but the edge/lip of the top shell is VERY thin and you may be able to prise it up enough to get the hinge back inside the drone's body, see the second photo.
BE WARNED there is a cricuit board directly under the lip of the top shell, exercise great control over your prying tool and DO NOT allow it to penetrate deeply into the drones body, see the third photo.

The second photo is of an undamaged Mini 2 and I used a scapel blade (not ideal) to prise the lip of the top shell up enough to allow entry of that shaved down match stick. I think the match stick would need to be thicker to allow the hinge to enter but I would shave several match sticks to differing thicknesses and gradually widen the gap.
Heating the upper shell to "warm to the touch" with the likes of a hair drier might make things easier.

I would wait and see if anyone offers alternative methods before trying this and also try a search of the forum for Mini battery cover to see if you can find other threads dealing with this
Thanks. Your instructions and photos were very helpful……on me deciding to send it back before I break something. Lol

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom