DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Error causes crash

JRundkas

Reactions
Hey guys

I had an issue 25.01.2017 I would like you to look at and give me your views.
I have startet a warranty claim with DJI Support and their initial response is 'Pilot fault, no warranty.'

‘’ 【Flight control file fly30】

1)Aircraft worked at gps mode mostly in flight.

2)Pilot pushed throttle down and rudder to the left, the aircraft descended and turned its head to the left, then crashed at t=297s when it was 1.8 meters relative height.

Conclusion:
Pilot fault, No warranty.’’

After some emails back and forth they have agreed to look at it again, but I fear the outcome will be the same as before.

Here is the video:

I got two Battery Errors on 2:28 and 3:02. After the first error it started to behave erratic and started a fast descend. I pushed throttle up to make it ascend again, but it kept descending fast. After some seconds and a drop of about 13 meters it stopped the descend. I had some control and started to look for a landing spot.
At 3:02 I got another Battery Error. I ascended now because I was afraid it would start a fast descend again. I moved the Mavic a little closer to the road and prepared to do a landing.
Then suddenly at 3:36 it started a fast descend again and I started pushing the throttle up. It still continued the fast descend until it crashed to the ground.
Everything is clearly visible in the YouTube video provided.

Something is clearly wrong with the battery. The battery time startet at remaining 22:17. After 1 minute flight it dropped to 14:28 remaining.
When the first Battery Error appeared the remaining time was 08:10. 24 seconds later when the second Battery Error appeared, it had dropped to 06:04 remaining.
All this in a flight time of 3 mins and 54 seconds!

Result of the crash: battery popped out. All props damaged or broken clean off, defective gimbal (ribboncable torn off), motors and arms bruised and dented. Top and bottom cover damaged.

Thanx

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

What you described above is what your flight log shows. I've never seen a Mavic try to descend like that due to a battery error. Perhaps DJI will come up with a different conclusion after taking a second look at your flight. Their first assessment doesn't make sense to me either.

Reactions: JRundkas
What you described above is what your flight log shows. I've never seen a Mavic try to descend like that due to a battery error. Perhaps DJI will come up with a different conclusion after taking a second look at your flight. Their first assessment doesn't make sense to me either.
Thank you for your time.
I don't know what caused it, but since I got those Battery Errors it's tempting to believe that is the cause.

Update from DJI. They have accepted my warranty claim. The conclusion now is:
'From the 25/1 record that shows a battery error prompt, then aircraft descended with a high speed abnormally. According to the record, its a battery issue, not pilot fault for this time. Suggest a free RMA for customer.'

Looks like one cell was giving up looking at how your overall battery percentage was dropping so quickly.

Reactions: dewster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803