Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Firmware

• Thread starter Deleted member 126802
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 126802

Hello
Is there a way to read out the current battery firmware?
Also, I just got a spare battery for my MA2 (Europa model) via ebay. The battery looks a bit different.(the label is upside down) See photos.
Despite of the label, it looks exactly the same.
Is this a legit battery?
How does your battery label look like?

Attachments

• 20200612_155607.jpg
    20200612_155607.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
  • 20200612_155618.jpg
    20200612_155618.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 67
  • 20200612_155631.jpg
    20200612_155631.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • 20200612_155654.jpg
    20200612_155654.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 59
  • 20200612_155709.jpg
    20200612_155709.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
I’m sure the eBay battery was cheaper, but I doubt very much it was a genuine DJI part. Do you REALLY want to risk your drone for the sake of of a few saved Euros?

It wasn't cheap.
The seller, from Austria, said, that this battery is from his "Fly more combo", and he didn't need it anymore.
It was sealed, and packed like the original MA2 battery. It's the same weight, material, structure of the material, metal.
I examined the battery veeery close, I couldn't find the tinyest hint that this is a replica.

it could just be that when the battery was being made that the label was positioned differently in the casing as it was being constructed ,
there should be a battery id number displayed in the app you could check if this is a genuine DJI battery by that number i guess

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
It wasn't cheap.
The seller, from Austria, said, that this battery is from his "Fly more combo", and he didn't need it anymore.
It was sealed, and packed like the original MA2 battery. It's the same weight, material, structure of the material, metal.
I examined the battery veeery close, I couldn't find the tinyest hint that this is a replica.
As much as I would like to say you can trust the seller, you don’t know them from Adam! It could just as easily be a cheap copy. I wouldn’t trust any seller for such an important part of the drone unless it came directly from DJI. You did ask for advice but hey, it’s your choice.

Reactions: old man mavic
i am with @InvisibleName on this one i only get batteries and props from DJI or a registered Dealer ,they are the two most important parts of keeping the drone airborne,,

So, those labels are not just the opposite way round, they are different. The one with the CE mark in the bottom left is the genuine battery, the other..... your guess is as good as mine!

It wasn't cheap.

What do you mean by sealed? Because I don't remember the batteries that came with my FlyMore combo being separately sealed. That alone makes me suspect that your battery really had a legitimate source.

What do you mean by sealed? Because I don't remember the batteries that came with my FlyMore combo being separately sealed. That alone makes me suspect that your battery really had a legitimate source.
mine came in seperate plastic white bags, props leads same... so they are kinda sealed

Reactions: dawgpilot
So, those labels are not just the opposite way round, they are different. The one with the CE mark in the bottom left is the genuine battery, the other..... your guess is as good as mine!
Here is a thought, the label is different because it is produced for a different region -or- maybe the various manufacturers of the batteries (we know from other models DJI outsourced the battery supply to numerous entities) produce different labels. I have DJI phantom batteries acquired through offical authorised DJI supply channels that have obvious differences in the labels.

It is very early in the Air 2 lifecycle for any non OEM units to be offered.

It might be you are fuelling some unnecessary concern here.

mine came in seperate plastic white bags, props leads same... so they are kinda sealed

Ah, actually I think mine were the same. I was thinking of something more elaborate when I read "sealed".

I would load up the new battery, hover the drone at 1 mtr and let it sit there....if you get 30 minutes i would be happy..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d