DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery Issues?

marshvet

Reactions
A short while ago, I had my Air2S replaced by DJI after a crash. When I sent it in, I put the batteries on storage mode. Before then, I had not payed close attention to my battery life. I was only doing short training flights and it seemed "OK". Soon after it was returned, I purchased a wet suit and recue Jacket from Phantom Rain. I was curious about battery life as I will be vacationing on a catamaran next month and wanted to get an idea of how long the batteries would actually last. I charged my batteries to full with the Hanatora Charger and this weekend I decided to do an experiment with the batteries. I have 3. I did a few minutes flight with each - just long enough to get a battery reading. (It always starts out at 0 minutes) They all showed (On the controller) close to 100% - 98, 97, 95 - and when I began flight, the minutes before return to home was 28, 26 and 26. As soon as I added the Rescue Suit, it went down to 12. Again when switching quickly back to no suit, it went back to 20.
Is this what I should expect both without and with the suit or do I have something wrong here? If so, is there a way to return batteries to their full capacity?
Thanks.
Marshall

A short while ago, I had my Air2S replaced by DJI after a crash. When I sent it in, I put the batteries on storage mode. Before then, I had not payed close attention to my battery life. I was only doing short training flights and it seemed "OK". Soon after it was returned, I purchased a wet suit and recue Jacket from Phantom Rain. I was curious about battery life as I will be vacationing on a catamaran next month and wanted to get an idea of how long the batteries would actually last. I charged my batteries to full with the Hanatora Charger and this weekend I decided to do an experiment with the batteries. I have 3. I did a few minutes flight with each - just long enough to get a battery reading. (It always starts out at 0 minutes) They all showed (On the controller) close to 100% - 98, 97, 95 - and when I began flight, the minutes before return to home was 28, 26 and 26. As soon as I added the Rescue Suit, it went down to 12. Again when switching quickly back to no suit, it went back to 20.
Is this what I should expect both without and with the suit or do I have something wrong here? If so, is there a way to return batteries to their full capacity?
Thanks.
Marshall
A question for @Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The Wet Suit only weighs 0.04 ounces so I am at a loss as we have sold thousands of Wet Suits and no one has ever had such an issue . Im thinking the batteries may be compromised in some way from your storage.

Even if you pair them up with the rescue Jacket as shown below you get some nice flight times.
This guy does a lot of his own tests . @zeusfl

The Wet Suit only weighs 0.04 ounces so I am at a loss as we have sold thousands of Wet Suits and no one has ever had such an issue . Im thinking the batteries may be compromised in some way from your storage.

Even if you pair them up with the rescue Jacket as shown below you get some nice flight times.
This guy does a lot of his own tests . @zeusfl

Coal,
I did watch this video and even though he did get great range, the total flight time is only 11 minutes. Am I actually asking too much of my batteries?

Coal,
I did watch this video and even though he did get great range, the total flight time is only 11 minutes. Am I actually asking too much of my batteries?

I make it 10:00 or so, unless edited down, but it looks like real time scrubbing the video.

But yes, the structure of the device (that's the rescue jacket, yes ?), partially the extra weight even if negligible, and more so wind resistance will deplete the battery so much faster.
Not a fan of flying so low battery (9%) on return either, constantly at least . . . so 10 mins flight time seems really affected.

I guess if you want the security over water, even to land on water (for some obscure reason), then the device would be worth fitting for some risky flights.
Keep in mind in any sort of decent wind approaching normal wind rating on the drone, safety of the drone could be severely compromised, RTH fighting wind, gusts upsetting stability, etc.

Coal, the jacket under the props, doesn't affect stability ?
I've never seen how the props seem to have so much cover under them, I would have though lift from the props would be restricted somewhat ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21