DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery log in AirData shows drop to 10%, then up to 90% over 30 seconds.

kjmasson

Reactions
Not sure what's going on here. Can anyone shed some light.
During my flight today, the battery dropped from fully charged (100%) to 10% and back up to 90%, all within 30 seconds during flight.
Anybody know why?

(My AirData: )

Thanks,
KJ

Flight time
Altitude​
Home DistTypeNotification
A00m 00s0.0 m0 mModeMode changed to Motors_Started
B00m 00s0.0 m0 mTipLog filename: FLY051.DAT
00m 01s0.0 m0 m
airdata-kml-bat-100p.png
100% Battery
C00m 01s0.0 m0 mModeMode changed to AutoTakeoff
D00m 04s1.0 m0 mModeMode changed to P-GPS
00m 05s1.1 m0 m
airdata-kml-bat-70p.png
70% Battery
00m 23s1.1 m11 m
airdata-kml-bat-40p.png
40% Battery
00m 25s1.1 m11 m
airdata-kml-bat-60p.png
60% Battery
01m 20s35.2 m16 m
airdata-kml-bat-50p.png
50% Battery
01m 25s31.9 m16 m
airdata-kml-bat-10p.png
10% Battery
02m 28s25.3 m73 m
airdata-kml-bat-90p.png
90% Battery
03m 17s27.3 m109 m
airdata-kml-bat-80p.png
80% Battery
06m 32s36.4 m395 m
airdata-kml-bat-30p.png
30% Battery
07m 05s36.4 m456 m
airdata-kml-bat-20p.png
20% Battery
15m 28s69.7 m622 m
airdata-kml-bat-50p.png
50% Battery at maximum distance
E20m 09s2.7 m1 mModeMode changed to Confirm_Landing
F20m 13s0.0 m1 mModeMode changed to P-GPS

What's the manufacture date? Doesn't display in the Power/battery info window for some reason.

What's the manufacture date? Doesn't display in the Power/battery info window for some reason.
Airdata is also showing the battery having 4 cells with the 4th cell always at 0 volts. I would check and see it the battery serial number was recorded correctly in Airdata. I think that is where your errors are coming from, especially if you did not see any of this on the RC screen.

Last edited:
Airdata is also showing the battery having 4 cells with the 4th cell always at 0 volts. I would check and see it the battery serial number was recorded correctly in Airdata. I think that is where your errors are coming from, especially if you did not see any of this on the RC screen.
Interesting, i would of thought that a zero volts would be shown as a deviation. Can you explain to us newbies why its not?
Thanks

All other logs for that battery have 3 cells and seem normal.
S/N seems correct. I wonder if it's an AirData log issue.

Also, that should be 9 or 10 times charged, not 134 times. :-/

Prevoius flight:

All other logs for that battery have 3 cells and seem normal.
S/N seems correct. I wonder if it's an AirData log issue.

Also, that should be 9 or 10 times charged, not 134 times. :-/

Prevoius flight:
THe bad flight in question was flown with Fly version 1.1.7 and this last one was flown with 1.2.0 (you should go ahead and update to 1.2.1). I would keep an eye on it and see if it does it anymore. Probably just an anomoly, possibley with 1.1.7 version. Frankly, I don't remember seeing a 1.1.7. I went from 1.1.6 to 1.1.9.

Interesting, i would of thought that a zero volts would be shown as a deviation. Can you explain to us newbies why its not?
Thanks
If you look at the graph for the battery percentage, it's all over the dartboard for the whole flight. I think it was probably due to it thinking that there was a 4th cell that was at 0v.

Bad Airdata readings is not Airdata fault. Is a DJI faults because DJI is uploading the part of the data while the drone is still flying. This explain why sometimes the trajectory, time, power and other information are wrong or missing.
In order to have the most accurate data you have 3 choices.

1- Upload manually the flightlog
2- Before fly, go to profile and turn off the AutoSync to the DJI cloud. Once you finish flying, turn back on the Sync. In this way the full flightlog will be uploaded with all the data.
3- Turn off the internet access of your device before fly.

This seen to be happening with Android as well because I had the same issue with the smart controller that that is 1.1.8

This is a known issue with Airdata. Airdata blame DJI and DJI blame Airdata.

I opened a ticket some time ago for this.

Airdata UAV Support​

Mon, Nov 9, 11:55 AM (9 days ago)
to me

Hi Nelvick,

Thank you for sending the flight logs. Please be advised that there is a known issue with DJI Fly and iOS devices where flights are cropped/incorrect on Airdata.

This happens because DJI sends the flight log to their servers while the drone is still flying, resulting in incorrect times/data when Airdata retrieves that flight log from DJI's servers.

As you pointed out, the flight data is correct when you manually upload the flight log to Airdata because you are uploading the entire (uncropped) flight.

We created a help page that shows you how to avoid this in the future, which you can find here: Cropped Flight Logs with DJI Fly App - Airdata UAV

While we have notified DJI about this, it may be helpful if you wanted to notify them as well so they can prioritize this accordingly.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Trevor

> I just realized by uploading the flight logs manually its report correctly.

[TicketID#AD3059346]

Last edited:
Reactions: kjmasson
Not sure what's going on here. Can anyone shed some light.
During my flight today, the battery dropped from fully charged (100%) to 10% and back up to 90%, all within 30 seconds during flight.
Anybody know why?

0m 13s0.0 m1 mModeMode changed to P-GPS
If you look at your actual data rather than the Airdata summary, the cell voltages show normal values for the whole flight.
There's no indication of a 4th cell.
There's nothing wrong with the battery.

Reactions: kjmasson
THe bad flight in question was flown with Fly version 1.1.7 and this last one was flown with 1.2.0 (you should go ahead and update to 1.2.1). I would keep an eye on it and see if it does it anymore. Probably just an anomoly, possibley with 1.1.7 version. Frankly, I don't remember seeing a 1.1.7. I went from 1.1.6 to 1.1.9.
So weird. I waited until all the firmware funny business was over with the last couple of updates and then updated everything.. I actually was using DJI Fly 1.2.1 and the latest firmware for the AC and RC. I double checked when I upgraded and before flying again. I suspect this does have to do with partial log uploads from DJI as stated by @zeusfl .

Thanks for your help everyone.

I suspect this does have to do with partial log uploads from DJI as stated by @zeusfl .
I learned something here: I manually upload my log files after each flight(s) and have never had this problem...so I think you are on to something here (turn "auto update" off). It seems you did everything else right with the recent firmware/app debacle; I have been flying with no issues on the latest downloads.

Interesting Thread.
I'll remember to go through my settings when I next charge a battery.
Thanks all for your valued input.

Jim

So weird. I waited until all the firmware funny business was over with the last couple of updates and then updated everything.. I actually was using DJI Fly 1.2.1 and the latest firmware for the AC and RC. I double checked when I upgraded and before flying again. I suspect this does have to do with partial log uploads from DJI as stated by @zeusfl .

Thanks for your help everyone.

Did you make sure ALL batteries had updated to the latest firmware? That is an issue if you own more than one battery. Have to swap out batteries to make sure each one is on same update as aircraft. Yes, this is a hassle and maybe one day DJI may work in making it easier for us. Not holding my breath.

I also notice when I'm flying - my battery time / charge can be all over the place. One minute it's 90% / 25 minutes flight time and in a short time down to 50% / 10 minute (or whatever the values that correlate), and then it can go back up several minutes. All this while typically only hovering in place and not flying at mach speed in "S" mode.

I just let it go and make sure I don't go too far out and battery actually dies and drone drops from the sky like a rock.

UPDATE: So after another upload of a flight with that specific battery showed same inaccurate information, I contacted AirData support.
First of all, their support is fantastic. Second, they suggested I delete those flights from AirData and retrieve the TXT Logs from my phone for those flights and upload them in place of the inaccurate ones. They provided detailed instructions in case I needed it.
It worked perfect!
Not to see if future auto-uploads from DJI still cause inaccurate info to be displayed.
Thanks for everyone's input.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Other than toggling autosync on and off, how do you manually sync? With Go app, there's a sync button in the upper right. Not so with Fly, or at least the button that you'd think would begin a manual sync only turns on auto sync.

Other than toggling autosync on and off, how do you manually sync? With Go app, there's a sync button in the upper right. Not so with Fly, or at least the button that you'd think would begin a manual sync only turns on auto sync.
That's always annoyed me. I recently found that if I leave the fly app open for a few minutes after the flight, it usually will sync the files, but to be honest, I haven't really confirmed this. A simple sync button would be nice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman