DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery mod thread

hii, good first thank the forum accept me, I wonder if the battery Sony Konion US18650VTC6 3120mAh 3.6V 30A could serve to replace the original, chers!

[QUOTE="Justinswidebody, hi, this is by far one of the most interesting thread on Mavic Mini ! Thanks admins for having accepted me.
I'm new to MM and still have to wait Christmas to get the mini ?.
However, I'm not new neither to rc nor to electronics...
I would like to first understand what are the functions implemented in the battery Bms ? Can we charge the batt with an external smart charger adapted to liion ?
I understand from the pinout drawing that the middle junction of the 2S cells is not accessible ? Is it ?
Do you think the 2 data lines are I2C or SPI data and clock lines ? If yes could we spy the bus to reverse ingeeneer the trafic ? The goal being to get rid of the stock BMS coding a kind of stub on a cheap microcontroler....
Well it's good to dream ?

The bms has a smbus with i2c giving it a SDA and SCL for data ports. I have no clue how to reverse engineer this. Maybe you could help out?

Reactions: aeropic
The bms has a smbus with i2c giving it a SDA and SCL for data ports. I have no clue how to reverse engineer this. Maybe you could help out?

I don't know if it will do the job but connecting a logic analyser could help to sniff the bus... To to this I need to buid a kind of male/female wire to extract the battery (I don't want (yet) to open the bird to solder a connector on the bus !)

I don't know if it will do the job but connecting a logic analyser could help to sniff the bus... To to this I need to buid a kind of male/female wire to extract the battery (I don't want (yet) to open the bird to solder a connector on the bus !)
You wouldn't have to solder or open the bird. You could make tabs that fit over the pins that the battery plugs into.

Even better- why not a solar panel that works in the dark?

Can you imagine the solar technology being advanced to provide significantly higher efficiency and it not being implemented? You would have a better imagination than most.
Can you imagine having to ascend above the clouds to recharge on your flight home ?

Thanks, I will try this... I didn't know there was room enough to insert some wires...
It wouldn't be wires , you would have to get some nickel strip like this. Breynet 3M 0.1 x 8 mm 18650 Pure Ni Plate Nickel Welding Strip Tape 3 M For 18650 Battery Spot Welder/Welding Breynet 3M 0.1 x 8 mm 18650 Pure Ni Plate Nickel Welding Strip Tape 3 M For 18650 Battery Spot Welder/Welding - - Amazon.com

Drill a hole that will allow for it to fit over the plug tab, and then use siccors to make it skinnier to not touch the other tabs

If you try to make it skinny first, when you drill it will just twist the nickel sheet

It wouldn't be wires , you would have to get some nickel strip like this. Breynet 3M 0.1 x 8 mm 18650 Pure Ni Plate Nickel Welding Strip Tape 3 M For 18650 Battery Spot Welder/Welding Breynet 3M 0.1 x 8 mm 18650 Pure Ni Plate Nickel Welding Strip Tape 3 M For 18650 Battery Spot Welder/Welding - - Amazon.com

Drill a hole that will allow for it to fit over the plug tab, and then use siccors to make it skinnier to not touch the other tabs

If you try to make it skinny first, when you drill it will just twist the nickel sheet
Thanks, i get it now !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview