DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery power suddenly lost during flight

Reactions
During a flight with a full battery, after 1 minute 7 seconds, power suddenly disappeared from 94% to 0.

The drone reported this on the controller and began a forced landing This was happening over the middle of the lake I was lucky that there was a tiny island and I was able to slightly correct the position of the drone and miraculously land it on the island. This situation has been repeated for the last 3 months for the second time and with two extra original DJI batteries.
Who else has the such problem? What is the reason of it?

It is likely that one of the cells in the battery is bad or there are some firmware problem with the battery. Posting the log files will allow more insight to be obtained.

During a flight with a full battery, after 1 minute 7 seconds, power suddenly disappeared from 94% to 0.

The drone reported this on the controller and began a forced landing This was happening over the middle of the lake I was lucky that there was a tiny island and I was able to slightly correct the position of the drone and miraculously land it on the island. This situation has been repeated for the last 3 months for the second time and with two extra original DJI batteries.
My experiences with a battery that had a bad cell we’re quite similar it seem fully charged but after a minute or so it just went down to nothing.
If you don’t have your batteries individually labeled you should do so. That way you can remember which one was bad.

Attach a .TXT log from one of the flights when this happened. The log is in the mobile device you flew with... Read up here on how to retrieve - - > Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)
Attach a .TXT log from one of the flights when this happened. The log is in the mobile device you flew with... Read up here on how to retrieve - - > Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide (read under section 3.)

Please find the log file txt

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-27_[18-07-52].txt
    332.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: slup

Please find the log file txt
Don't have a clue how this battery have been cared for/stored in the past but now it's toasted & should only be used for desk service adjusting settings & off load pics & vids, no flight duty anymore.

Cell #4 (purple graph) sank below 3v (went to 2,63v) & by that sustained permanent damage ... the rest of the cells didn't behave either (cell #3 was down to 3v), as soon as you started to draw amps from the battery by adding in max throttle to ascend all cells started to go down in a rapid speed. Once any cell goes under 3v DJI have coded in a force landing (the blue background in the chart).

You should definitely number your batteries so you can keep track of them ... all LiPo batteries will come to this behavior sooner or later, it all depends on storage & care.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)

1598622194917.png

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
Don't have a clue how this battery have been cared for/stored in the past but now it's toasted & should only be used for desk service adjusting settings & off load pics & vids, no flight duty anymore.

Cell #4 (purple graph) sank below 3v (went to 2,63v) & by that sustained permanent damage ... the rest of the cells didn't behave either (cell #3 was down to 3v), as soon as you started to draw amps from the battery by adding in max throttle to ascend all cells started to go down in a rapid speed. Once any cell goes under 3v DJI have coded in a force landing (the blue background in the chart).

You should definitely number your batteries so you can keep track of them ... all LiPo batteries will come to this behavior sooner or later, it all depends on storage & care.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)

View attachment 111774
Thank you very much for your pro answer. I will do with your advice.
Regards,
Stas

Reactions: slup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings