DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery query: How big or small a bulge before we stop using an MP battery?

here i am too. After 2 years and 3 months 1 out of my 3 mavic pro bateries got a smaaaalll swollen area. I could not see it, but i could felt it when i touched the battery's bottom. It has 54 charging cycles. 0 voltage variations. I always keep them 5 days untill discharge during spring-summer - when i fly more often. And in winter i keep them to discharge after 3 days. I always keep them in a sealed bag with 2 small bags of silica to absorb moisture.
i guess today was the flight were the problem started. It was kinda hot 34Celsius [though i.ve flown in higher temperatures], and i flied around 15 minutes and i constantly got the high wind warning. I didn.t stressed th le birdie though. I went to an old castle and i flied around it at no more than 60m height and maybe 200m distance. So just chillin, but still...high wind warnings [curious, cuz i.ve flown my drone in winds waaay harder the today's without warning]. Now i don.t know what to do. I guess i.ll just keep an eye on it and maybe use it for really calm flies, in really moderate temperatures. I.ll attach a phoyo of the swollen area below. TY dji!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom