DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery stuck inside with super glue

adoool

Reactions
Hi everyone I recently crashed and tried fixing my drone with super glue. But i forgot my battery was in the drone and the glue went everywhere. My battery is not coming out. Anybody know a solution

A new or second hand drone with battery but keep the old one for any spares you can salvage.
Or a new shell and battery and rebuild the drone.

What bit where you attempting to glue?

Last edited:
May be carefully cutting it out? vibratory saw type tool? or see what is in the dremel kit. maybe a tiny drill bit could start breaking it free? Does it charge if you plug the drone USB in? Integral battery drone!

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
May be carefully cutting it out? vibratory saw type tool? or see what is in the dremel kit. maybe a tiny drill bit could start breaking it free? Does it charge if you plug the drone USB in? Integral battery drone!

bad idea I think, too easy to damage the battery and perhaps cause a fire

So...what is the disposal solution so it is not a hazard to anyone?

Reactions: Scuddzy
bad idea I think, too easy to damage the battery and perhaps cause a fire
Probably true. I would just charge it through the USB port. Although sometimes superglue isn't as super as it seems and can be broken if it is only in spots or the parts weren't all that tight where it was glued. Something I wouldn't go into without a thorough inspection of the situation

Reactions: MS Coast
Probably true. I would just charge it through the USB port. Although sometimes superglue isn't as super as it seems and can be broken if it is only in spots or the parts weren't all that tight where it was glued. Something I wouldn't go into without a thorough inspection of the situation
I find that superglue works best when you wish it hadn't.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I've always been careful with these batteries from back in the day!! I had a friend who lost a truck because of a fire like this.

It’s a long shot with no definite guarantees …but…you can try running the drone and let the battery get nice and warm then try to gently pry it out. Maybe the warmth might weaken the glue slightly to pry out. But again, a long shot

So...what is the disposal solution so it is not a hazard to anyone?

Drop the lot in a bucket of saline water.

I recently crashed and tried fixing my drone with super glue. But i forgot my battery was in the drone and the glue went everywhere. My battery is not coming out.

I think the drone is hopefully usable still via the USB charging, and maybe getting it hot flying it about in sports mode might eventually weaken the bond, but if you want the flexibility of changing out batteries for multiple flights when out, the only choice is to have a crack (no pun intended) at shocking the joint open somehow.
Most likely it will break all the original damage bonding I guess.

I'd try running the drone hard with the battery fully charged. Just fly it in sport mode at the hottest time of the day. The battery will get hot and expand a little. Then let it cool down in the freezer. Try removing the battery after the flight and again after an hour or so in the freezer. It might crack the bond.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom