DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery update

Sheppie

Reactions
Did the latest Mini 2 FW update not include a battery update. Just making sure that I did not miss something.

Fly would tell you you had "Inconsistent Firmware" if there was an issue, and update the battery.

Did the latest Mini 2 FW update not include a battery update. Just making sure that I did not miss something.
In the last week, Ms Fly has attempted to do battery updates twice. Both have failed. When I restarted the aircraft and RC, the request was gone.

Except that...it seemed to be a little slow on the uptake in showing the time remaining on the battery. As opposed to the percentage remaining, which it displays instantly.

Still, I'm not sure this is a real observation. Maybe it always does that, and I only just noticed because of the update "failure".

No problems in flight at all.

In the "About" section of Fly, it gives you an option to check for updates.

MM

If there is any inconsistent firmware, it will tell you, and the message will not go away simply by restating. if it's disappeared, the battery got updated.

The update process is not robust, and can say it failed even though the battery got updated, because something else in the update process didn't work as expected.

It can be worrisome, but rest at ease. If there is a firmware issue it will be found on boot.

If there is any inconsistent firmware, it will tell you, and the message will not go away simply by restating. if it's disappeared, the battery got updated.

The update process is not robust, and can say it failed even though the battery got updated, because something else in the update process didn't work as expected.

It can be worrisome, but rest at ease. If there is a firmware issue it will be found on boot.
Yes, that's consistent with my slowly growing knowledge base.

As a general rule, if I get a warning message on the ground, I don't take off. I reboot all the components...AC, RC, phone...and if the warning goes away, I assume I'm good to go.

If I get a warning message while flying, I bring the bird home, unless it's a warming that I know to be innocuous, like the "bust 400 ft" warning, which I get regularly when I'm flying up the other side of the canyon, always within 400 ft AGL.

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesseLaw