DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bay Area Pilots Sound Off

Checking in from the Coast Pacifica. I've been flying and filming with my P3P for a while and want a new toy. Should arrive in a week.

Does anyone has a list of confirmed State Parks in Bay Area that allow drones?

Does anyone has a list of confirmed State Parks in Bay Area that allow drones?
Yeah zero. State parks in the east bay and San Mateo confirmed zero drones, gues therest too. Look at each counties site for parks and they usually list no drones. Not much fun. Fly over the ocean is safe from people though, just make sure your filling flight restrictions with heights near class B SFO

Hey everybody! I'm brand new to RC piloting/droning and just got my Mavic today. I'm in Oakland but the No Fly zones seem stifling to no end. I can't find regs that prohibit flying over Oakland city proper. Does anybody know otherwise?

Attachments

• DSC09262.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 28
  • DSC09264.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: PrettyTony
Has anyone done any flights in Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay? Any recommendations in those areas?

Last edited:
YES! Wassup, Bay Area Folks!

My name is Flynn, and I've had my Mavic Pro for about three weeks now. I live in between West Oakland and Fairfield.

Only crashed three times so far. Low height twice blown sideways by wind into a wall, then one involving my climbing a tree 40' to retrieve the little guy. Gotta watch that ActiveTrak circle feature, NO COLLISION SENSORS!

sup all, just got my mavic three days ago, i am from SF.
Where do you guys usually fly your drones at?
THanks!

Treasure Island is good in some points, but get B4UFly, or Hover to see where you CAN fly.

Hey guys, new member here. I'm in American Canyon, just south of Napa. Been flying my Mavic now since January, and have had an Inspire 1 since March of last year, and have been doing RC helis since 1999 and racing quads for about 3 years. Just received my DJI Goggles yesterday. I've been flying Mare Island quite a bit, can't wait to try it FPV sometime with the goggles. Anyone local want to get together to fly?

Reactions: APEX^ZERO
Hey guys, new member here. I'm in American Canyon, just south of Napa. Been flying my Mavic now since January, and have had an Inspire 1 since March of last year, and have been doing RC helis since 1999 and racing quads for about 3 years. Just received my DJI Goggles yesterday. I've been flying Mare Island quite a bit, can't wait to try it FPV sometime with the goggles. Anyone local want to get together to fly?

I used to fly RC helis at Mare Island all the time!

Reactions: APEX^ZERO

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada