DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Be gentle

Arnu69

Reactions
When I first bought Mavic mini I would download footage from the drone straight to a USB stick. I would then plug the USB stick into my wide screen TV and it would play in full 2,7k quality.

Now all of a sudden this doesn't work. When I go to play on TV it just comes up file invalid.

I can play footage back thru pc and it's great but I want to put files on a stick to watch on my TV.

Don't know why this problem has occurred. Stick is fine , TV is fine , other files on same stick play no problem. Any suggestions please.
Thanks in anticipation.

Reactions: Roberto gori
I wonder if DJI changed the default video codecs? Will it play on a laptop or desktop PC?

Yes. Plays on pc . Got me scratching my head. Wonder if it's worth formatting SD card ??

I will try that. Filename literally two words though.
I tried downloading straight from drone filename DJI 067. Didn't work either.

Now that's one of those circumstances that makes me roll my eyes and say with tongue in cheek, "software is such a wonderful thing". I've dealt with computers (mini, mainframes, PC's, tablets, etc.) since early 80's, and from my experience, software issues vs. hardware issues are about a 25 to 1 ratio. In this case, the video files worked before...hardware hasn't changed...hmmm.

Reactions: Starving Artist
All videos I stored on this stick before a certain date still work fine. Every drone video since when copied to said stick now doesn't play. I've tried different sticks , pretty much tried everything within my not considerable but not inconsiderable computer knowledge.

All videos I stored on this stick before a certain date still work fine. Every drone video since when copied to said stick now doesn't play. I've tried different sticks , pretty much tried everything within my not considerable but not inconsiderable computer knowledge.
Have a closer look at the files to see if there's an obvious difference.
Are they all the same file type?
Or are some .mp4 and others .mov?
Do the problem files play in your computer?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phill
I have had similar problems. I download the files to my computer and every once in a while when I open a file a get a msg. something like, "Cannot open file, format is unrecognizable". It's happened maybe 3 or 4 times out of 30 or 40 files.

Do they happen to coincide with a firmware update?

Reactions: Flycaster
That's what I always used to tell girls... "I have a tender heart, be fentle" :D

Your hardware hasn't changed, and settings don't change themselves... double-check everything. Maybe your TV won't play an MOV file, or maybe the quad was powered down before video recording was stopped?

One thing I would try, is if you have access to a Windows PC, right click one of the files that plays normally, go to Properties, and click the details tab. Note all the values. Now, do the same on one that does not play and then compare the two. Are there any differences?

Some video player apps will also give you much more details about the Video Codecs beyond what Windows shows...

I use a free video player called PotPlayer on Windows, and if you hit CTRL-F1 while playing a video and go to the File Info tab, it will give you a bunch of info about the video/audio codecs etc. Do the same type of compare.. Attached is an example:

Otherwise if you want to send me a copy of each, I'd be happy to do some analysis.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    117.7 KB · Views: 45
I actually take the SD card (128gig)put in in the card reader and download from there to pc. The files are all .MP4 files. They play fine on on my pc. Nothing has changed in my procedure. Somewhere round February this year when I found that every piece of footage would no longer play on my TV ( or any of the other TVs in my home). The footage I copy onto a USB stick will play on my pc . But comes up as invalid/ corrupt file when I try on TV . Weird !!

The footage I copy onto a USB stick will play on my pc . But comes up as invalid/ corrupt file when I try on TV . Weird !!
Yes, if nothing's changed, it is weird. Will the TV still play MP4 files from other sources?

Reactions: Dave Maine
When I first bought Mavic mini I would download footage from the drone straight to a USB stick. I would then plug the USB stick into my wide screen TV and it would play in full 2,7k quality.

Now all of a sudden this doesn't work. When I go to play on TV it just comes up file invalid.

I can play footage back thru pc and it's great but I want to put files on a stick to watch on my TV.

Don't know why this problem has occurred. Stick is fine , TV is fine , other files on same stick play no problem. Any suggestions please.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

Possible your TV did an overnight update. Happens often. I assume it's a smart TV?

Is there any chance that you have started downloading to the stick before shutting down the Drone and restart?

Hi,

Possible your TV did an overnight update. Happens often. I assume it's a smart TV?
Actually it's not a smart TV. But reasonably modern plays MP4 amongst others. It was playing the clips from the Mavic mini. Then overnight it's stopped. I think others would have had this issue if it were from an update for the mm. I reckon I've done something on my pc, changed a setting inadvertently or something. It is a teaser.

Is there any chance that you have started downloading to the stick before shutting down the Drone and restart?
I don't download from drone. I take SD card out and put it in a card reader. Maybe I could try direct from drone. But as I say, this method was working then suddenly know doesn't

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705