DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beep volume on the controller

I flew my mavic yesterday I have flown it about 35 times already. Yesterday for some reason I was not getting any sound from my controller. I taught when I updated firmware something happened, I check all menus on controller and couldn't find anything on volume control. I know the controller has a speaker on it I can hear it when controller starts up. But I would not get any sound when flying i was getting frustrated because I like the sound. I took my phone out and realized my volume on phone was off turn it up and decided to try and fly again and I had my sound back. At least on my controller it works this way and with galaxy note 5 attached to it.

I flew my mavic yesterday I have flown it about 35 times already. Yesterday for some reason I was not getting any sound from my controller. I taught when I updated firmware something happened, I check all menus on controller and couldn't find anything on volume control. I know the controller has a speaker on it I can hear it when controller starts up. But I would not get any sound when flying i was getting frustrated because I like the sound. I took my phone out and realized my volume on phone was off turn it up and decided to try and fly again and I had my sound back. At least on my controller it works this way and with galaxy note 5 attached to it.

most sounds/voice messages come from the phone, but the RTH comes from the controller as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No it doesn't solve it. The sound is really annoying to all around, not just the pilot.
JK. I also feel annoying so I rarely initiate RTH unless I really lost connection with the MP. If I am not sure about the orientation, I simply change it to HomeLock and pull the right stick backward.

The only thing that we can do is to set the low battery alert to 15%. Critical warning is always at 10%... this is the only way to make ur mavic controller stop Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep for few more minutes ...

Reactions: Xcel
JK. I also feel annoying so I rarely initiate RTH unless I really lost connection with the MP. If I am not sure about the orientation, I simply change it to HomeLock and pull the right stick backward.

I've never used homelock but this confused me. Doesn't homelock make the drone face the homepoint? Then right stick backward would cause flying in reverse away from the home point?

Doesn't homelock make the drone face the homepoint?
No. It makes the drone fly toward the home point when the right stick (elevator) is pulled down.

That seems strange. If it's facing you why would right stick up to fly forward not be the right thing to do?

That seems strange. If it's facing you why would right stick up to fly forward not be the right thing to do?
Home lock does not make the Mavic face you. It makes it so if you pull back on the right stick it will take a straight line back to you at whatever altitude you are at and no matter what direction the Mavic is facing.

Reactions: GRYPHON
Amazed that this is an issue. Must mean DJI is solving the real problems people were having. Progress.

Yeah, don't like it. It should have a vibrate option or something, if not just a volume control.
While I want to be alerted, it draws too much attention to the monkey holding the controller.

The only thing that we can do is to set the low battery alert to 15%. Critical warning is always at 10%... this is the only way to make ur mavic controller stop Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep for few more minutes ...

Seconded, you just have to remember to keep a close eye on your battery level.

Mavic Pro Release Notes
Date : 2017.04.11
Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6
What’s New?
 Added Fixed-Wing mode. For details about Fixed-Wing mode, please refer to the Intelligent Flight Mode
section in user manual v1.6.

 Added an option to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning. When battery level is less
than 15%, just press the power button on the remote controller to turn off the warning.

 Optimized Dual Remote Controller Mode. (Requires DJI GO 4 iOS v4.0.5 or later or Android v4.0.5
or later)
 Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking function.
 Improved playback performance.
 Improved default colors for DNG files.
 Optimized gimbal auto-calibration.
Notes:
 Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
 If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4, and retry.

Yay! - they heard us - Just noticed this now - if possible I will try tomorrow to see if it works with RTH also....

Reactions: Troncat
It does not work with RTH :(

That's right - they didn't hear us at all. I've NEVER had my RC battery below 15% but have had my Mavic battery low enough to get those annoying beeps. But really what's annoying more than that is the RTH beeps. Sigh.

Yeah , there is no way to reduce the volume.
I remember asking directly DJI about it and well it appears that its all in there to protect them for lawsuits.

- Critical error - alarm
- Low battery - alarm
- RTH - alarm

Reactions: Drgnfli
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member