DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Being asked to Re-Calibrate my Mavic 2 Pro

Point Zero

Reactions
Hi Guys,

So been flying for around 6 weeks and around 350K feet travelled without any issues. Today I went to take off and I saw a red error warning saying something about gimbal overload! I quickly look as I thought I must have left the cover on for the first time ever, but nothing was there...

I turn off the AC and the RC and force quit the dji go 4 app and restart the whole process.

Same thing happens, I get a red warning saying to calibrate using dji assistant. Anyhow I quickly perform a gimbal calibration through Go 4 and everything checks out fine. I think maybe that's done the trick and restart everything again, but i still get the red warning message at every startup.

SO I get home and connect my AC to my PC load up DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and try and calibrate. I get asked for my monitor size. I have a 49" 4K TV. I type in the custom tv size and the screen goes white and kind of nothing happens. I move the AC around as I did the first time I installed everything. I see an option for quit full screen and then click the next buttons a few times to get to the Calibrate tab, but the tab is always greyed out with a continuous loading icon to the side of it.

DJI-Ass2.jpg

I therefore can no longer calibrate my AC!

Anyone know whats going on here and a way around this issue?
Pz

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Check your assistant 2. I think there is one for mavic1 and a different one for mavic2.
I also seem to remember that the vision calibration, if that’s what your referring to, is a known issue on the m2 series. It asks, but may not really be an issue. I have seen it myself.

I have checked it dude, and deleted and reinstalled it with MS Driver Sig turned off! Nothing has worked, so far - (

You would have thought in this age of legalities and what not that DJI would want to sort this issue out ASAP. I mean if anything happens to my AC now after this then its really not going to look so good for them in anyone eyes!

I hope it will just go away but I would like to be able to calibrate my very expensive drone on my PC with a TV just like a lot of other people.

I will raise a ticket with DJI and see what they say

What exactly is the app asking you to calibrate, the gimbal, the drone or the sensors? I get a “magnetic interference” alert once in a while which requires a drone calibration.

Last edited:
Its asking me to perform the calibration sequence that you can only do through the DJI Assistant program on PC or Mac using the usb c cable. I use the PC one. This is the thing it keeps asking me to do.

From what I have learnt the problem is this, I have a 49" 4K TV and not a monitor. For some crazy reason this calibration needs a monitor and wont work on a 4K tv!

Have you played with the picture settings like aspect ratio etc. Some of these smart tv’s have some pretty funky picture settings.
…I just reread an earlier post. I wonder if it’s possible to trick it by entering a fictitious monitor size? Hmmmm

Last edited:
Ok so in the end i had to dig out an old viewsonic monitor and the calibration worked. Seems a little crazy that this is the case but hey I managed to get it sorted out in the end.

One thing of note, is that I must have never calibrated using this method when I first setup the AC!

Thank you for the help guys
Pz

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom