DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Besides flying Drones.. What other hobbies does everyone enjoy?

BASE jumping and skydiving, I used to do a lot of scuba but not so much since moving back to Europe.

Attachments

• E1F69B33-DBE2-4FC0-8E4F-F6C108F437C7.jpeg
    E1F69B33-DBE2-4FC0-8E4F-F6C108F437C7.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 24
  • D778C89D-8AA8-4D6D-93C1-408BE237864E.jpeg
    D778C89D-8AA8-4D6D-93C1-408BE237864E.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 1DBDE92B-1C70-4B73-8C27-9CD7690F42F0.jpeg
    1DBDE92B-1C70-4B73-8C27-9CD7690F42F0.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 24
Amateur radio (VK2DRS/G3WRL), playing keyboards, off-roading in my Land Rover Defender, Student helicopter pilot, designing and building our off-grid house for life. Currently living in West Virginia as a Legal Permanent Resident.
Whew! I didn't realise I was so busy!!

Ham Radio until my later years. Photography off and on. Been riding motorcycles for more than 45 years. Restricted to a trike now, but still ridin'. Woodworking in various forms. Used to do a lot of fishing, but not so much lately. Been playing banjo for the last 10 years of so, and that's one of the biggest things in my life right now.

Photography, definitely. That got me flying, as well.
I'm also a golfer by profession, so THAT quit being a hobby a long time ago... Grr..
I also love tinkering around with technology.. Obviously. In particular, phones and computers and networking and stuff..
I collect music. All formats. I was around in the 90s for the entire Napster fiasco so I have everything Digitally up to that point.. Lol.
I collected football cards as a kid(still have them) ... Wish it was baseball cards, Id be retired. Right?

I used to build models.. I'd like to get into that again... Hmmm..

I also really want to get into ham radios and or amature radio... Is that the same thing? I want both, then.

Always been interested in photography, and have some brilliant shots/vids, play squash and guitar, I suppose creative people would always be drawn to Ariel pursuits, and it’s a real shame drones have attracted such negative perspectives recently, here’s hoping it will not always be so....

I try and walk at least 6 miles every day and often take my Mavic Air for a walk with me, and if I find a suitable spot (away from airports) I try to also get some flying.!
I’m just a lad (71), worked hard for 55 years and enjoying some leisure.
I checked my gutters and chimney with the drone the other day, saved climbing a ladder!
I also enjoy flying RC planes—— much more challenging and interesting I have to say. War birds, Gliders ,Biplane jets etc.
I’m a frustrated Pilot I do believe, but would not be trusted at real controls!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman