DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy allows returns of DJI products for up to a year!

projectarjun

Reactions
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I love the DJI Blacklisted crap...never gets old to rehash old BS. I can't imagine that has anything to really do with anything on BestBuy, but whatever, it is what it is. That is a ( (Mod Removed Language)of a return policy, fly it for a year and take the thing back and get the new offering from DJI? Seems a bit weird, but doable? 2018 and a store return for credit? That is just crazy if true, but hey he has "Buddies" that say so :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: projectarjun
It must not be a Best Buy Corp policy because I had to jump through hoops to get a defective DJI Battery replaced at 21 days out (with dated sales rcpt) here at the local Best Buy in North Carolina USA.

Before I would bet on this policy I would want to get something in writing from BB stating this policy. Buyer Beware and all :)

In case no one knew,
You can return DJI products up to year from date of purchase to Best Buy. Question is though, does this apply to batteries as well?
I was in Best Buy yesterday. The store was nearly empty as far as customers go. The display hooks were all half empty with empty hooks outnumbering hooks with merchandise. This seems be a harbinger of things to come- e.g.: they are about to fold and go to web-based only. Soon we will have no actual physical Best Buy store. Best be sure and go with DJI, which is a company more likely to survive the next year.

Last edited:
I was in Best Buy yesterday. The store was nearly empty as far as customers go. The display hooks were all half empty with empty hooks outnumbering hooks with merchandise. This seems be harbinger of things to come- e.g.: they are about to fold and go to web-based only. Soon we will have no actual physical Best Buy store. Best be sure and go with DJI, which is a company more likely to survive the next year.
Not just Best Buy. Covid-19 has opened the eyes to many businesses being able to sell exclusively online and that consumers are choosing that as to going out.

While I am not sure Best Buy is going online only, there is still something to be said to going to look at various products first hand before one makes a purchase and if the B&M for Electronics disappears. some other market will suffer to some degree..

It all depends on when your in a store, you cannot judge the book by its cover, sometimes I've been in a BB and its quiet, other times its not.. As far as the shelves, there still seems to be a supply problem that covid should not have caused, but some governments did, that may be actual cause of why the shelves are empty.

While I am not sure Best Buy is going online only, there is still something to be said to going to look at various products first hand before one makes a purchase and if the B&M for Electronics disappears. some other market will suffer to some degree..

It all depends on when your in a store, you cannot judge the book by its cover, sometimes I've been in a BB and its quiet, other times its not.. As far as the shelves, there still seems to be a supply problem that covid should not have caused, but some governments did, that may be actual cause of why the shelves are empty.
At my Best Buy, which I mentioned is about half-way stocked with many empty shelves and hooks, all of the DJI stuff is in locked cases and original sealed boxes. They don't have any display models. There is an actual DJI store here in Miami although it is a 40 minute ride from me, and they treat you like crap in there. I stopped going there due to the surly, snarky clerks working there.

At my Best Buy, which I mentioned is about half-way stocked with many empty shelves and hooks, all of the DJI stuff is in locked cases and original sealed boxes. They don't have any display models. There is an actual DJI store here in Miami although it is a 40 minute ride from me, and they treat you like crap in there. I stopped going there due to the surly, snarky clerks working there.
I can understand not wanting to visit a store with crummy employees that are not helpful. I find that odd, when I walk into mine, I can just be browsing and for the 15-20 minutes I maybe in there, I'll get asked a few times whether I need assistance if I encounter an employee..

Sometimes I find something I want, or sometimes I am looking for something specific, either way, most of the employees in mine are helpful. Course not all stores can be created equal. Also, depending on when the last time you visited, most of these places seem to have routine turnover, so perhaps the people you found annoying the last time are gone...

I can understand not wanting to visit a store with crummy employees that are not helpful. I find that odd, when I walk into mine, I can just be browsing and for the 15-20 minutes I maybe in there, I'll get asked a few times whether I need assistance if I encounter an employee..

Sometimes I find something I want, or sometimes I am looking for something specific, either way, most of the employees in mine are helpful. Course not all stores can be created equal. Also, depending on when the last time you visited, most of these places seem to have routine turnover, so perhaps the people you found annoying the last time are gone...
Not to belabor the point but I originally fell in love with drones and specifically the Mavic AIR 1 from my local, very nearby Drone Nerds. These guys were terrific. I bought my Ari with them and they taught me how to fly. They spent tons of time, and gave free Saturday morning meetings at the local park to learn to fly. Thy went out of business leaving the only DJI store in town as I mentioned above.

• Love
Not to belabor the point but I originally fell in love with drones and specifically the Mavic AIR 1 from my local, very nearby Drone Nerds. These guys were terrific. I bought my Ari with them and they taught me how to fly. They spent tons of time, and gave free Saturday morning meetings at the local park to learn to fly. Thy went out of business leaving the only DJI store in town as I mentioned above.
My experience with Drone Nerds has been flawless, in other words perfect. I would have liked to see another 5% off sale for this weekend though with no minimum amount set. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh