DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

The mounts available above are good but some are either too complicated to install, bulky, or likely heavy.

Can someone 3D print something like this? Aluminum CNC is even better.

The "frame" can stay with the CrystalSky monitor during storage since it is screwed in and attach like a phone when mounting it to the controller. This will be the most portable solution, quick to mount, lightweight, and does not cover the controller screen.

View attachment 16898
Exactly what I had in mind... looks nice andcompact! If I had a crystalsky, I would get this in a heartbeat. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Hieth
The mounts available above are good but some are either too complicated to install, bulky, or likely heavy.

Can someone 3D print something like this? Aluminum CNC is even better.

The "frame" can stay with the CrystalSky monitor during storage since it is screwed in and attach like a phone when mounting it to the controller. This will be the most portable solution, quick to mount, lightweight, and does not cover the controller screen.

View attachment 16898
This design might block the cable port on the controller :)

This design might block the cable port on the controller :)
and it puts the screen below the controller, which is a lot like having your dashboard below the steering wheel.

Here's a pic of the prototype of our MavMount Full 6061 aircraft grade aluminum anodized, CNC milled solution. Available hopefully next week.. but here's the prototype for some pics today. Of course this is unfinished, not yet anodized raw aluminum.

The Mavmount is not just a Mavic and Spark tablet holder... it works as a tablet stand by itself because its balanced, even works as a DSLR mount because its balanced correctly. Even works with your Osmo!

Switchable to tablet, cell phone, and now Crystal Sky Monitors. Built professional to last... NO 3D printing TPU plastic here.

Look for the future release of a MavMount to Inspire and Phantom controller adapter too.

View attachment 16853 View attachment 16854 View attachment 16855View attachment 16856

Just ordered my Mav Mount and the Bracket so can't wait as at the moment I am using the Velcro option and although it works, it looks rubbish so I can't wait to receive it and use it over here in the UK!

Reactions: Aerial West
Ordered Mavmount
Ordered Mavmount
I have just ordered my Mav Mount and the Bracket so can't wait as at the moment I am using the Velcro option and although it works, it looks rubbish so I can't wait to receive it and use it over here in the UK! I have been searching for weeks and DJI are saying they will have one but the question I have is when..... how long is the piece of string!

Exactly what I had in mind... looks nice andcompact! If I had a crystalsky, I would get this in a heartbeat. Thumbswayup
I think this looks ACE and just what I would want however I cant wait so if anyone makes one can you let me know, as I have just ordered my Mav Mount and the Bracket so can't wait as at the moment I am using the Velcro option and although it works, it looks rubbish so I can't wait to receive it and use it over here in the UK!

I am a bit confused by the site.

What mavmount stuff do I need for the crystal sky 7.5? The drop down list doesn't seem to make it clear. When you buy the mavmount it offeres a list of clamp options - but do you have to buy the separate crystal sky accessory at the same time?

I am a bit confused by the site.

What mavmount stuff do I need for the crystal sky 7.5? The drop down list doesn't seem to make it clear. When you buy the mavmount it offeres a list of clamp options - but do you have to buy the separate crystal sky accessory at the same time?
Hey there, no problem. The CS mount is on pre-order right now, on its own page. I am working to integrate it into the drop downs for all of the colors, but that isn't done yet. If you don't want a clamp with your order, go ahead and order, and I'll just remove it and refund you the $10. Thanks for bearing with me... pre-sales have been very busy and I'm just working to keep everything running! Hoping to have the CS in by Wednesday :)

1st Item:

DJI Crystal Sky Monitor adapter for use with MavMount 1 $27.99

Second Item:

Red MavMount 2.0 DJI Mavic Pro and Spark iPad Tablet adapter system

Clamp Size: 112-142mm iPad Mini, Shield Tablets

Lanyard Kit: Add Lanyard Kit (+$16) 1 $75.99

Subtotal: $103.98

Shipping: $7.25 via Flat Rate

Payment method: PayPal

Total: $111.23

Here is my invoice for my order. They gave me a $10 credit to paypal because I didn't need the iPad mount. You need to order one of the available selections, none of which has the CS mount, which you need to order by itself. Be sure to note that you want the $10 credit in the notes section when you order.

hey fred, if you keep helping before i get to the thread and im going to owe you health and benefits soon!...haha! thanks for helping!

Introducing the MavMount:CS plate.
The Best mavic controller device adapter just got better!

This compact light weight system allow you to mount the Crystal Sky monitor to your Mavic, Spark, and Osmo easily in BOTH of the crystal sky sizes. It comes in gunmetal grey to match the MavMount monitor!

You guys all know the MavMount by now, but just in case you don't... check out our Feedback area here:
FAQ & Reviews | MavMount
(Several of the comments are from kickass members of MavicPilots)

Available with the complete MavMount from the clamp dropdown here:
MavMount 2.0 DJI Mavic and Spark iPad Tablet Mount Holder Archives | MavMount

and the plate alone is available here:
DJI Crystal Sky Monitor adapter for use with MavMount | MavMount

20170725_104625-3.jpg

Because MavMount ALWAYS used a fully professional standard 1/4"-20 adapter, we are able to quickly change to any cell phone, tablet, and now the Crystal Sky (CS) monitors. This works with ANY of the CS sizes and works instantly with your existing MavMount setup. You can buy the adapter separately, or with your full purchase. that's right, for the price of JUST the DJI plastic mount, you can get this fully 6061 aircraft grade aluminum anodized plate with a fully adjustable ballhead that will accept any of our clamps and now this plate. We grow with DJI's offerings.

** this plate is not and will never be plastic injection or 3d printed plastic.

20170725_104134-1.jpg

And because it is correctly balanced, not only does our optional lanyard work better, but the mavmount also works as a monitor stand, and you can also use it on tripod. The mavmount can be used as a "tripod" as well, just mount your camera right on... that's right, same camera 1/4"-20 base! My girlfriend uses one to held her tablet when she's looking at recipes by the stove on her ipad.

20170727_131713.jpg

20170718_112420.jpg 20170708_093503-1.jpg

Reactions: SilicaStorm
The CS had a firmware update this morning. There is an option to flip the screen now. It should be only a matter of time before the official DJI mount is released for the CS. I have been waiting patiently. Cant wait to be able to hot swap from the Mavic to the Inspire 2.
Having the monitor over the controller is just not my cup O tea. I prefer the flush option to be able to see both screens.
having the screen below the grips will be a nice way to hold and balance the controller.

The CS had a firmware update this morning. There is an option to flip the screen now. It should be only a matter of time before the official DJI mount is released for the CS. I have been waiting patiently. Cant wait to be able to hot swap from the Mavic to the Inspire 2.
Having the monitor over the controller is just not my cup O tea. I prefer the flush option to be able to see both screens.
having the screen below the grips will be a nice way to hold and balance the controller.
Yep, downloading new version now.

Reactions: cvanhoose
Hi Everyone - My Mav Mount has just arrived and it is a quality piece of kit really well engineered and sits lovely in the controller highly recommended, I do however agree with cvanhoose if you want to be able to see both screen then when ( how long is a piece of string) the official one arrives it will probably be worth purchasing and I will get one so I can have the best of both worlds.
That said this balances really well and it is great to be able to adjust the tilt of the screen on the ball - if you can I would order a Mav Mount as well and start using it now!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J