DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best mounts system for crystalsky 5,5 w/ Mavic Pro

New It is clamped with the mavmount large round nut then JB welded to the CS bottom bracket and it does not move one bit VERY strong.

The more I see of this mod, the more I like it!

Thanks again for sharing mate :)

Reactions: Pixar
We've been receiving many inquiries lately on CrystalSky availability as the 5.5" have been out of stock for quite some time from DJI.com and 7.85" Models are still many weeks out from DJI direct as well. Plenty of availability in the dealer distribution channels so connect with your regional dealer.

ALL CrystalSky models are IN STOCK and ready to ship here at Advexure.

3 Models5.5" (Best for Mavic), 7.85" High, 7.85" Ultra

CrystalSky Mounting Options for Mavic
DJI Mount
- DJI Crystalsky Mavic/Spark RC Mounting Bracket - Part 5 | Advexure
MavMount - MavMount Tablet Holder for DJI Mavic & Spark | Advexure

If using the MavMount we recommend this Type-C Cable: DJI RC Cable Type C to Standard A (10″) – Part 25 | Advexure

Don't forget a case for your CrystalSky, available for both models.
5.5" Case: https://advexure.com/store/crystalsky-5-5-storage-case/
7.85" Case: Advexure | Aerial Drone & Film Systems - Top Tier DJI Authorized Dealer

****Also, Mavic Owners, don't forget you will need a Power Adapter to use with the CS Battery Hub. CrystalSkys do not include a charger and the Mavic Charger does not have the necessary port. For a whole list of compatible chargers please visit this page.

Safe flying and Happy New Year to all!
–The Advexure Team

The Mavmount looks like a good option, as does the PolarPro - I want to be able to pop my CS off my P4P remote and drop it onto the Mavic Pro remote, without messing with screws or anything like that. Do either of these devices work with the CS in that way?

The Mavmount looks like a good option, as does the PolarPro - I want to be able to pop my CS off my P4P remote and drop it onto the Mavic Pro remote, without messing with screws or anything like that. Do either of these devices work with the CS in that way?
You can't do that without taking about a minute or 2 swap on the MavMount. That said, we've found that even the customers who thought that would be a common thing didn't end up doing that often so it didn't end up being a factor.

You can't do that without taking about a minute or 2 swap on the MavMount. That said, we've found that even the customers who thought that would be a common thing didn't end up doing that often so it didn't end up being a factor.

So I'd remove the DJI plate and attach your plate?

I'd love to use the CS but I know I'd end up losing the plate or losing the screws as I was changing things out LOL

I really like your mount though - I have an NVidia Shield and if I find out it works well with the Go 4 app and the Mavic Pro, I'll get the mavmount and use it.

I've been using my Samsung Galaxy 8 and it's been disconnecting a LOT, gotta find a more reliable solution.

I have a nvidia sheild... works great. here she is.

20180517_173250.jpg

My DIY.
It fits the Mavic, Spark, Phantom & Inspire controllers. Just clamp it in like a phone or tablet.Naamloos-7.jpg Naamloos-6.jpg Naamloos-5.jpg Naamloos-4.jpg Naamloos-3.jpg Naamloos-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, made a typo (DIY).
I made it myself. I made 2 so have one left. I'm willing to sell it for 40 euro's.

Shipping not included.
Included are all the screws and a short USB-C cable, so everything you need exept the tools for the screws.
Can I send you a personal mail and how?
I don't think handling this further belongs on this Forum.

After trying a few CS mounts this is the one I've settled on.

2222.png

3333.png

11111.png

22222.png

How do you get to the sticks comfortably? It's raised above the controller as well, right? besides the balance of the CS monitor below the controller, and the screen below your hands, how do you get your hands around the screen and hood to get to the sticks?

i took a picture of a regular setup, and superimposed your screen onto it to see how much it would block from flying.

confort.jpgoverlay.jpg

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
How do you get to the sticks comfortably? It's raised above the controller as well, right? besides the balance of the CS monitor below the controller, and the screen below your hands, how do you get your hands around the screen and hood to get to the sticks?

i took a picture of a regular setup, and superimposed your screen onto it to see how much it would block from flying.

View attachment 38201View attachment 38200

Not the best picture because I had to hold the camera (phone) in my teeth :D

May look a little awkward but it feels fine to me.
My biggest problem with the other mounts I've used is they hold the CS in a position that blocks the controller screen. I also don't like anything right up close to the antennas. This works well for me. I have big hands and sausage fingers.......so I've been told.

pppp.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS