DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

best portable charger I have found yet

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
More by accident than design I have a lot of batteries. So the first thing to go is the r/c battery. Without a charger I get about an hour - about 3 MP batteries. With a portable charger I get maybe 2 hours, six batteries. So the only way is to stop flying and wait till the r/c battery charges up. Until today.
I walked into my local PC store, PLE computing- I think they are just Perth, Australia, based. I was buying a cheap 23 inch monitor, which at $160 was a bargain. Then I noticed this sale on for a supposed rapid, portable charger for $30 Australian. So picked one up.
Its good, very good. Kept my r/c battery at %100 for over an hour, way better than any other portable charger even better than the MP battery as a charger.
So if you live in Perth get one or two while they are on sale. I am going back for a second tomorrow.
Small, light and fast as. They have a website but I cant seem to see them anywhere else.
Its called a Promate VolTag-10. (10000mAh Fast Charging Lithium-Polymer Power Bank.)
www.promate.net
So if you are on a long shoot/flight and really need to keep going, solved. :) Enjoy.

I have to say that I'm almost inseparable from my "Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Premium Portable Charger High Capacity External Battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0"
Oodles of power to keep phones and other things running for some time ... and it has Quick Charge.
It also recharges quickly with the twin USB input, aa definite plus for such a large capacity.

Reactions: pixl
I would expect any usb powerbank to work reasonably well.
You would think so. But this is the first one that I have tried that keeps up with the MP r/c battery. The rest, to varying degrees, just cant keep up with the depletion rate of the r/c battery. I have not tried the quality stuff that OzoneVibe uses.

You would think so. But this is the first one that I have tried that keeps up with the MP r/c battery. The rest, to varying degrees, just cant keep up with the depletion rate of the r/c battery.

Probably because the RC is always charging the phone. I don't know why DJI would do that, and not even give us the ability to disable that "feature", but there it is.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
I've got a 9000mah pink BlackWeb powerbank for $8 at Walmart, works great for small recharging tasks, like RC, phone. For my smartwatch, I have a 2200mah AutoDrive powerbank for $1.50, size of a lipstick.

Last edited:
Probably because the RC is always charging the phone. I don't know why DJI would do that, and not even give us the ability to disable that "feature", but there it is.

Android only though, so that begs the question why do only android devices get charged from the controller battery ?
My iPad mini 4 or iPhone 6 literally uses 10 - 15% of it's battery flying out a couple of Mavic batteries, do android devices draw far more power to that they have to have them charging from the controller ?

Android only though, so that begs the question why do only android devices get charged from the controller battery ?
My iPad mini 4 or iPhone 6 literally uses 10 - 15% of it's battery flying out a couple of Mavic batteries, do android devices draw far more power to that they have to have them charging from the controller ?
No, it's just a different feature of the phones, Android starts to draw charge whenever USB is connected to anything, and it's surprisingly difficult to turn off without cutting wires.
People worry too much about it, the rate of charge taken is rather low, however best not leave the phone connected if the controller level might be an issue later.
The real annoyance is how small the Mavic RC battery is compared to the Phantoms which would last for dozens of flights.
It's all about keeping things compact.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
No, it's just a different feature of the phones, Android starts to draw charge whenever USB is connected to anything, and it's surprisingly difficult to turn off without cutting wires.
People worry too much about it, the rate of charge taken is rather low, however best not leave the phone connected if the controller level might be an issue later.
The real annoyance is how small the Mavic RC battery is compared to the Phantoms which would last for dozens of flights.
It's all about keeping things compact.
Yes very annoying. I have switched from my phone to the Epson glasses and I am still having serious rc battery drainage. With out a charger I hardly get 3 MP battery changes.
The Promate VolTag-10 charger I started the thread with works great when you start it with the rc battery at 100%. Today my rc battery at the start was 80% and it just kept dropping even with the charger. So it seems that the battery on the Epson rc glasses also drains the MP rc battery.
Obviously I need to continue this issue in the Epson glasses section but before I do. Has any one found a portable charger that charges the MP rc battery in use. I mean tried one and it charges it up on the go. Oh and btw the Epson glasses rc battery lasts for between 4 and 5 hours! Why the hell can DJI not put that kind of battery in the MP rc battery? Which is, frankly, Lā shǐ. I need to sort this out very soon I go to Thailand in 3 weeks. I plan to do a lot of footage often from difficult to get to mountains. So If I hike up a mile high mountain to find my MP rc battery lasts an hour with my 8 MP aircraft batteries I will be really p...ed.
For a 60 old fart that would be as frustrating as meeting someone really nice without a little blue pill.
So please any one actually found a portable charger that gets a MP rc battery up to 100% and keeps it there.
I'll go off to the epson glasses section.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme