DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best quality Mavic 2 Pro Skin supplier UK?

Brelsh

Reactions
I'm in the UK and really want to make my drone stand out from the 'cloud' lol but really I can't seem to find the bloody thing half the time. Also I'd like it to look more like a work object/tool to fit in with it's use so if you have a recommendation please comment

Mucho thanks

Reactions: Bill combs
I'm in the UK and really want to make my drone stand out from the 'cloud' lol but really I can't seem to find the bloody thing half the time. Also I'd like it to look more like a work object/tool to fit in with it's use so if you have a recommendation please comment

Mucho thanks
check out the decal girl

Reactions: Brelsh
Yeah, decal girl has some decent wraps. If you looking to get better visibility of your bird while flying, wrapping it even in the brightest skin will not make any difference. I would suggest a strobe light for that purpose.

Reactions: ff22
Yeah, decal girl has some decent wraps. If you looking to get better visibility of your bird while flying, wrapping it even in the brightest skin will not make any difference. I would suggest a strobe light for that purpose.
I would agree. I went with four Strobon strobe lights. I added little 'strong' velcro pads to the four arms and matching pads to the lights.

Wrapgrade is far and away the best skin manufacturer. They are more expensive, but quality is better.

For lights I recommend Firehouse ARC2, one on each arm. In heads to head testing ( video posted on the forum somewhere) they are clearly brighter and visible at greater distance than Strobon.
Here’s the comparison:

Not sure if they fulfil your brief for them to make it look more like a tool but this guy’s wraps are really good. I have the Dirty Gulf one and it’s brilliant.

Mucho thanks

You might want to consider a Mavic Wet Suit for a nice look and some added functions.
Sent you a Pm.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I had both - Decalgirl and Wrapgrade - and prefer the latter.

For visibility, a neon colored skin helps marginal (mainly when flying with a dark background as e.g. trees). For me good to ~300m.

The strobe lights help more (have Strobon and Arc II). Arc II works for me midday ~500-700m and at dusk ~double.

In the forum I read that a reflective skin or label will reflect even brightest sunlight so one can spot the drone when spinning it. This sounds logic and I need to try next.

Reactions: rayrod354
I got a 3M vinyl sheet from eBay. Downloaded a cut file posted on here, cut it with a cricut machine and wrapped it myself. Easy peasy.
ec3a45f0fdb374371d538b2377b74adb.jpg

Reactions: Brelsh and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife