DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BEST SCREEN FOR CONTROLLER

I'm looking at an iPad Mini 4. Craigslist so I'm treading carefully :/
Anyone use this model?
Still confused why Samsung tablet acted so strange...

I bought one just for my Mavic, check Apple's refurbish shop for deals. They change quickly so be ready if you see what you like. I chose the 4 in case future updates of Litchi and DJIGO move beyond the 2 or 3.

I liked it so much I'm pondering a cell model with more ram for non flying use.

Reactions: Brojon
I have just bought a Samsung tab 6, so far so good.

Did the controller charge ur Samsung Tab 6? Is it Samsung Galaxy Tab A(6) ?

Looking for a cheaper working alternative at the moment as quite cash tight. Will upgrade & preferably get the Crystalsky for compatibility in near future.

Last edited:
I posted earlier that the Leagoo M8 worked for me as a dedicated display phone with no service. But after awhile I got video freeze. Moved to the more powerful Leagoo T10 and it's flawless. I prefer portability and don't want to lug around a bulky tablet. The Leagoo T10 is now hard to find at a decent price but there are dedicated display phones with similar configuration like the LeEco Le S3 X626. It is a 4G Phablet, 5.5 inch, FHD, Screen Android 6.0, Helio X20 Deca Core 2.3GHz, 4GB RAM 32GB ROM 21.0MP + 8.0MP Cameras Fingerprint Scanner and 1080P 1920 x 1080 pixels that should work just as well. And others have posted satisfactory results with the $49 Huawei XT2 dubbed the "Wunderphone" by users.

Reactions: Simmo and Somsom585
Thats what I just ordered Pheobe as the Samsung Tab A 6 no longer works with Go 4. (Its fine on Litchi and Drone Harmony).

Yes, just bought an iPad mini 4 this weekend, it fits perfectly into the arms of the controller.

Can you tell us what version IP4 you purchased? Was it the Cell or just WiFi version.
Read somewhere that it has to be the Cell version as the WiFi only version did not have GPS built in.

Can you tell us what version IP4 you purchased? Was it the Cell or just WiFi version.
Read somewhere that it has to be the Cell version as the WiFi only version did not have GPS built in.
This has been answered many times in many places.
Longer answer: wifi is fine - you typically don't need GPS in the tablet.

This has been answered many times in many places.
Longer answer: wifi is fine - you typically don't need GPS in the tablet.

Very happy this has been answered many times in many places. Search did not show many times in many places.
Thanks DanMan32 for the helpful answer as the title is "The BEST screen for controller" and that (Cell Version) would make it better and not just "works"..

Very happy this has been answered many times in many places. Search did not show many times in many places.
Thanks DanMan32 for the helpful answer as the title is "The BEST screen for controller" and that (Cell Version) would make it better and not just "works"..
Yes search does turn up a lot of responses. But I get it - you want fast replies. Thus I answered no - it does not need the GPS in the cell version.
A tablet with a cell plan and GPS will of course use the data plan to download maps or you could simply save yourself the money and tether your phone or preload/cache the maps where you'll be flying which is what the vast majority do. In fact the only thing the GPS in the tablet will do is enable you to change the RTH point to your current location. Guess what? Use your phone instead of the tablet for that brief specific moment and you can do it. I've done this and it takes like 5 seconds being pokey.

Oh - just for the record I have no idea what DanMan32 said about it helping with the map as well as a compass - lol, sorry that's utter nonsense as the only compass in play is in the drone. :) So not sure how come you're so sure it was "helpful" - I suspect you're just sending snits my way because I reminded you that search is an option.

BTW - simple query "iPad with WiFi" and et voila

Search results for query: ipad with wifi

Last edited:
I haven't found a good tablet yet; but taking notes here. Ipad Mini2 and Nvidia Shield K1 I'll check out. I tried a Fire HD 8 (Fires not compatible) and a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32 GB w/9.0 Pie (not compatible either). Good info here ~keep it coming. thanks.

I haven't found a good tablet yet; but taking notes here. Ipad Mini2 and Nvidia Shield K1 I'll check out. I tried a Fire HD 8 (Fires not compatible) and a Galaxy Tab A 8.0 32 GB w/9.0 Pie (not compatible either). Good info here ~keep it coming. thanks.
I've been using a Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus with my Mavic Pro for a couple of years. So far it's been very reliable with minimal lag, and no freezes or crashes. It has 3 GB ram, 16GB ROM and an SD card slot, GPS and a compass.
Downsides are that while it has a very good screen, it does need shade for best viewing, it's too wide to fit in the controller arms so a tab mount is needed and Android 7.1 unlikely to receive further upgrades.
Specs: Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications
Aliexpress seller: US $130.64 53% OFF|Lenovo P8 Tablet 8 inch 1920 * 1200 FHD Full HD IPS Screen 64 bit 8 core Processor Dual Camera Dual Speakers Support 4G Network-in Tablets from Computer & Office on AliExpress

Well ~ I took the plunge again. I ordered an ipad mini 2 with retina display on Amazon for $113.00 refurbished. I try and have faith in the refurbs; I hope it works out okay ~ they have a 90 day warranty ~ so. Thanks for the feedback. I'll add the Lenovo Tab 3 Plus to my list. The Mini DJI Go Fly app seems to be pretty finicky.

Well ~ I took the plunge again. I ordered an ipad mini 2 with retina display on Amazon for $113.00 refurbished. I try and have faith in the refurbs; I hope it works out okay ~ they have a 90 day warranty ~ so. Thanks for the feedback. I'll add the Lenovo Tab 3 Plus to my list. The Mini DJI Go Fly app seems to be pretty finicky.
the best way to use is to by apple ipad 4 mini

do you used it with NLD ? or dji go 4 ?
Sorry, I'm a bit late here. I did use it with DJI go but found it breaks up far too frequently which ended up with jerky video because I didn't have a smooth video feed. So, i swallowed my pride and bought an ipad mini. It works perfectly but the ipad isnt half as user friendly as the android.
So I now use the despicable ipad for a flying screen only.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev