DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best video settings for current firmware: v01.04.0400

TrayBoz

Reactions
My Mavic Pro used to take great video with ALL the video settings just set to the default settings - with NO post production.

The past few months, it seems like all the video I take looks washed-out, too bright, white-washed, overexposed.

I always set the white balance to the appropriate settings: Sunny/Cloudy
I set color settings to +1, 0, 0
I always shoot in 4K / 24fps
Color Style is set to: Normal
I have the camera set to "Manual" instead of "Auto" and I continually turn the wheel to keep the EV at 0.0 while flying.
When it's sunny (most days) I use the Hooshion (I think made by Skyreat) Polarized ND lens, which I believe is about ND 16 - It doesn't say on it, but it does say G - MRC CPL

Anyone have any other suggestions? I don't know what else has changed, other than the firmware, which I always keep current.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. I really don't want to start doing post-production, although I know that gives a much better result. I just take too much video to make the time to do any post-production work.

Thanks in advance..

Last edited:
In 4K you don't need +1 sharpening.
If it looks too bright try lower exposure like -0.2?
Best exposure is never set in stone as it depends a lot on the dominant colours of the scene.

I don't really see any need to keep fiddling with it in manual, auto works pretty well and changes imperceptibly rather than the steps on the manual wheel.

My Mavic Pro used to take great video with ALL the video settings just set to the default settings - with NO post production.

The past few months, it seems like all the video I take looks washed-out, too bright, white-washed, overexposed.

I always set the white balance to the appropriate settings: Sunny/Cloudy
I set color settings to +1, 0, 0
I always shoot in 4K / 24fps
Color Style is set to: Normal
I have the camera set to "Manual" instead of "Auto" and I continually turn the wheel to keep the EV at 0.0 while flying.
When it's sunny (most days) I use the Hooshion (I think made by Skyreat) Polarized ND lens, which I believe is about ND 16 - It doesn't say on it, but it does say G - MRC CPL

Anyone have any other suggestions? I don't know what else has changed, other than the firmware, which I always keep current.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. I really don't want to start doing post-production, although I know that gives a much better result. I just take too much video to make the time to do any post-production work.

Thanks in advance..
Wow. That's way above my head. I don't understand those settings yet.. I do know that I fly in the afternoons and the video feed I see thru my iPad mini 4 and/or dji goggles is on the darker side until I adjust the gimbke one click or two on the controller wheel to look below me and the lighting readjusts to something brighter for me. ..
Would some setting adjustments alleviate my tiny issue? I don't think anything is "wrong" with my MP, I just don't think I understand the settings ..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998