DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Way to Polish a Mavic Air?

mp.jpeg

Reactions
I recently got my Mavic air and it's incredible! I love every second!

However, I recently had a small incident in which the propeller clipped a branch and fell, lucky it was only a few feet! The drone still runs and works like new, amazing!

I did however notice a tiny, tiny scratch (not so much a scratch, maybe a chip? very small chip?), and some minor marks on the props that are no more than visual, like a scrape etc..

I have the fly more combo with additional props luckily!

But is there a way to polish out that scratch? Luckily it is not on the camera, just rather close to it. On the Gimbal.

Thanks!

If its on the gimbal I would leave it alone. your not going to polish out a chip. If its a scratch and your determined to mess with it try some Nova plastic scratch remover and plastic polish. But really don't mess with the gimbal you'll do more harm then good JMO

Yes if really worried about it a very fine polish like @Bigbird48 mentioned is perfect.
And yes if gimbal is slightly marked, just leave it.

If the prop is chipped or even heavily grazed, I would muck about with it, change it out.
In fact if I crashed the MP even lightly, I think it would be best to just change all 4 props, not worth the risk.

Reactions: Shon
I use Mothers on my headlights

Have heard of brand, but not familiar with their product.
If done right, they should only need doing about every 8 - 10 years, the good UV coatings last as long as (or longer than) the OEM coatings.
I don't actually polish headlights, just rub down progressively to remove all old coatings and get surface perfect (down to about 2000g), then the new UV coating product wets 'em up nice :)

Sorry for the diversion, back to polishing your baby up :)

Have heard of brand, but not familiar with their product.
If done right, they should only need doing about every 8 - 10 years, the good UV coatings last as long as (or longer than) the OEM coatings.
I don't actually polish headlights, just rub down progressively to remove all old coatings and get surface perfect (down to about 2000g), then the new UV coating product wets 'em up nice :)

Sorry for the diversion, back to polishing your baby up :)

After polish use CQuart finest... lasts 2 years on a car... may last forever on a drone. Repels dirt, water, etc.

This is a bit unrelated but if you don't already, you should get something to protect your lens right away like a uv or nd filter. If you haven't noticed, there is a ring on the front of the camera that protects the threads. You remove this and screw on a filter. Enjoy your Mavic and protect that lens..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming