DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Beware of Temp NFZ Activating while your in the Air. Drone downed by DJI

Not my first time hearing of it. In fact the NFZ force land is got to be the stupidest update that could be made. I’m just waiting for the news to report deaths from drones landing in traffic or somewhere else that’ll kill someone.

Then it’ll be a lawsuit against DJI for stupidity.
Are you putting your money on the very first death in the entire WORLD related to a drone will be a slowly autolanding DJI drone?
LOL! those odds have to be at least 10 million to one!

Not my first time hearing of it. In fact the NFZ force land is got to be the stupidest update that could be made. I’m just waiting for the news to report deaths from drones landing in traffic or somewhere else that’ll kill someone.

Then it’ll be a lawsuit against DJI for stupidity.

You fly your drone into a NFZ or into an area that "becomes" a NFZ then everything that happens from that point on you own it. Planning, Research, and Preparedness are extremely important parts of aviation. Without it bad things can happen.

Laziness or disregards for the regulations is no excuse what so ever.

Reactions: ac0j
Sounds like the drone police are surfacing here from their mommy’s basements.

Forced autoland when a temporary nfz pops up is insanely stupid. As stupid as the inaccurate DJI NFZs. More power to zapping them through NLD. If DJI were reasonable, people wouldn’t feel the need to do this.

Sounds like the drone police are surfacing here from their mommy’s basements.

Forced autoland when a temporary nfz pops up is insanely stupid. As stupid as the inaccurate DJI NFZs. More power to zapping them through NLD. If DJI were reasonable, people wouldn’t feel the need to do this.

Careful there... debate all you want but go to a personal level and you won't like the results.

NFZ means NO FLY ZONE! What about that confuses people?

Careful there... debate all you want but go to a personal level and you won't like the results.

The fact that it may very much not be a no fly zone. And inaccurate.

Or, if you bothered to read the post, the fact that a temporary one may suddenly appear and create a forced landing.

What about that confuses you?

Reactions: raylo32
The issue is that some of these rules are so "rear oriented" and prescriptive that the entire world essentially becomes a NFZ or at least a "warning zone", whether it is warranted or not. And don't even get me started again on the pop-up NFZ forced landing issue. That is the poster child for bad rules. The effect is to make many of us scofflaws no matter how safely we operate. It also breeds contempt and disrespect for the rules in general, which is not a good thing. And, meanwhile, the real dangerous flyers and bad guys just ignore everything... which seems to only lead to the creation of more restrictive rules... that they STILL won't follow.

Or, if you bothered to read the post, the fact that a temporary one may suddenly appear and create a forced landing.

They don't "suddenly appear", they are put in place with advance notice, via NOTAMs. It's your responsibility to check those before you fly.

Guys we are talking days about
Temporary NFZ and there is no question we must check all NFZ
Info before flying
Most of us doing this but not all of us and main question what drone must do if it is in NFZ and in this
Case we must think about people around and when we are saying
It is safe when drone slowly go down, this is absolutely wrong
I do not want driving my car on freeway with 65 mph and see upfront of me slowly landing drone
In this case people reactions may be different and it my cousin big accident
So that why it is much easier and safer send drone back to home point let say 15 min before NFZ become active

Guys we are talking days about
Temporary NFZ and there is no question we must check all NFZ
Info before flying
Most of us doing this but not all of us and main question what drone must do if it is in NFZ and in this
Case we must think about people around and when we are saying
It is safe when drone slowly go down, this is absolutely wrong
I do not want driving my car on freeway with 65 mph and see upfront of me slowly landing drone
In this case people reactions may be different and it my cousin big accident
So that why it is much easier and safer send drone back to home point let say 15 min before NFZ become active
Why is the auto land always happening in the middle of a freeway or over a crowd? LOL ! I guess that is only when all you "no rules for me" people talk about it based on your flying habits.
If you followed any rules at all , you would not be flying near any freeways for it to land on, or over any people for that matter. And you would be within VLOS so you could control a safe auto landing.

Reactions: BigAl07
No more hyperbole than claiming that forcing a UAS to land in a river... or on a freeway... or wherever it may happen to be when a temporary NFZ pops up hours in advance of an event or condition is somehow necessary for safety.

Is there perhaps a hint of hyperbole in that statement.

Why is the auto land always happening in the middle of a freeway or over a crowd? LOL ! I guess that is only when all you "no rules for me" people talk about it based on your flying habits.
If you followed any rules at all , you would not be flying near any freeways for it to land on, or over any people for that matter. And you would be within VLOS so you could control a safe auto landing.

Hi

Again like I say most of us go with rules but no
All and other people not supposed to be responsible and has any problems because some one mistakes or if some one ignores rules

No more hyperbole than claiming that forcing a UAS to land in a river... or on a freeway... or wherever it may happen to be when a temporary NFZ pops up hours in advance of an event or condition is somehow necessary for safety.

Firstly - all these TFRs are published in advance. Secondly - it's your responsibility to check for them before flying. Thirdly - DJI has no control over the hours of operation of the TFR - they are implemented by the FAA.

So what are you actually arguing? That you should be able to ignore TFRs if you feel that they went into place too early?

Or is this just the previous argument that even if the TFR is valid, and the resulting NFZ is correct, that the firmware shouldn't force the aircraft to land, based on (a) that's not fair because you might lose your aircraft and (b) think of the poor children it might land on? Considering the total lack of interest in all the other regulations being broken here the irony of that argument is borderline painful.

We are say he must follow rules
Yes absolutely right but nature of
People do not follow all the time rules
And most of us has all kind of violations of rules
For example how many people at US drive cars on freeway with speed 65 mph? Not to many
So question how to protect other people

Simply arguing that people make mistakes and RTH is actually a better and safer remedy when this happens. The bottom line is safety, not how nit picking you can be about rules. And I am NOT arguing that they establish too early. They have to do that precisely to clear issues like this in advance. The only problem is the means of clearance in this case is too extreme because of the conservative early establishment and is less safe.

So what are you actually arguing? That you should be able to ignore TFRs if you feel that they went into place too early?

Simply arguing that people make mistakes and RTH is actually a better and safer remedy when this happens. The bottom line is safety, not how nit picking you can be about rules. And I am NOT arguing that they establish too early. They have to do that precisely to clear issues like this in advance. The only problem is the means of clearance in this case is too extreme because of the conservative early establishment and is less safe.

But as already discussed, continued autonomous flight (RTH) in a TFR would be illegal, so it's not surprising that DJI didn't program that into the aircraft firmware. These aircraft will autoland for low battery in all modes and on signal disconnect in ATTI mode. Where's all the hand-wringing about how unsafe that is, given that it happens a lot more frequently than autoland in TFRs?

In what world do they "Suddenly Appear" with no warning? Even the OP stated that he knew this was scheduled. If you're doing your DUE DILIGENCE then a TFR/NFZ wouldn't "suddenly appear with no notice".

Your lack of planning and coordination in now way transfers liability away from you for making a poor decision to begin with.

*** Thread Re-Opened after Cleaning***

I have gone back and removed the slang, racist comments, and out-right member attacks.

Debate is fine (and encouraged) but if you can't be nice and RESPECTFUL then you need to skip this thread and move on. I understand about being passionate of your point but remain respectful or take a break and go cool off. I've had to do this myself (maybe a couple of times).

Breath slowwwwwllllyyyyyyyyyy..... :)

Preparedness in aviation can only be achieved when you have the capability to control your aircraft when the need arises.
Drones (not fixed wing) can’t be controlled to move away from humans. They don’t have ailerons or rudders to allow them to have free flight without power.
There is no preparedness for the unexpected when it comes to drones that humans have programmed to take control, overriding the users input.

The FAA has no power to create laws. Regulations are not laws. Each state has to create their own laws.

You’re in the wrong forum if you’re looking to regulate drone pilots.

Without proper preparedness, your statements are illogical.

Reactions: altaic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noobie