DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bigger Battery announcement / mavic air come in 3 different colors

Logically it makes zero sense to give the Air the same range as the Mavic Pro. It can’t travel as fast and has inferior battery life.

Logically it makes zero sense to give the Air the same range as the Mavic Pro. It can’t travel as fast and has inferior battery life.

Not saying it should but DJI should not cripple it outside of US.
ie the spark has a 2km range in US, rest of world lucky if you can get 350 meters.

most likely

They spec
FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km);
CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km)

But I was only getting 600-1000m not 4km

the mavic is not restricted, the phantom is not restricted, the inspire is not restricted.
They all are "restricted" and that's not DJI's fault but the fact they have to follow different countries' regulations.

They all are "restricted" and that's not DJI's fault but the fact they have to follow different countries' regulations.

But there is no restrictions in a lot of countries, they do a blanket cripple outside of US.

Yes can, they are not forced to put the restrictions in place.

Does ford or whoever only restrict cars to 50mph world wide ?

If it’s a blanket restriction outside the USA, that would seem peculiar. I don’t know enough about the facts here so I’ll stay quiet.

If it’s a blanket restriction outside the USA, that would seem peculiar. I don’t know enough about the facts here so I’ll stay quiet.

Its dji that decided on these global restrictions.

At least the guy who started this thread was right, 25% better battery life, but he didn't know, it refers to the 16 minutes of the SPARK.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter