DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird attack killed the Mavic

WOW. Quite the footage. I knew birds of prey will attack drones, especially during nesting season when they are particularly touchyand territorial, but I didn't think good-natured geese would react the same way. boy, was I wrong!

Seeing your footage has given me second thoughts about flying over a nearby empty cornfield that has been attracting thousands of Snow Geese lately as they migrate back North and stop over to get some grub on their way home. (I live in a major flyway zone for migratory birds of all sorts, a destination hot spot for bird watchers and nature photographers.) I wanted to film the Snow Geese as they waddle along the field together as far as the eye can see to forage and then take off routinely in smaller flocks, which is a pretty sight and would be great footage to capture. But I'm not willing to risk my Mavic in the process. Thanks for the heads up.

And sorry for your downed Mavic and the bad twist of fate handed to you. I'm amazed you made out as well as you did. Hope you're back up in the air ASAP, filming some more footage like the kind you shared with us today - MINUS the bird attack!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ