DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BIRD REPELLENT FOR DRONES

I was flying the other day and my friend pointed out to me the seagulls that started diving across the nose of my bird. I immediately brought it down cuz i was flying over water and left. I was thinking the same thing. maybe a mirrored finish vinyl wrap? or a sonar like the one dogs dont like?

Reactions: fiftiesnut
I know the Eagles, Falcons and Seahawks don't lime mine! Lol...
dd945dccecce3af283a3c0df45c8348b.jpg

87d381d8768a35b0b95e54139d9dcf33.jpg

I still say stainless steel sharpened props are the best answer to birds !!!

I want a speaker mounted on my Mavic. Hawk was screaming at my drone so loud I landed and he flew between me and the Mavic at 60 mph. I felt the wind coming off his wings.

I want a speaker mounted on my Mavic. Hawk was screaming at my drone so loud I landed and he flew between me and the Mavic at 60 mph. I felt the wind coming off his wings.
I think I'll be making one. I'm really interested in this too. I was thinking a remotely activated one might be better so that you don't waste speakers battery?

i think i'll try using reflective vinyl so the sticky part is done and the is no metal in it..

Hmmm, I'll be very interested in this too... We have lots of kites where I live and those things are constantly hovering... Will also look into reflective material

Since having this skin on the birds seem "less" interested,or maybe its the area/in my head but i went with full chrome wrap for the same reason people use cd's etc to scare off birds.
Crappy phone pic but you get the gist.

Attachments

• 20170826_162415.jpg
    20170826_162415.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
Just ordered this skin from decal girl...
Ill add some eyes to it as well and hopefully, the kites will just ignore it
082a99bcedfdc3eb9cb7ecdd17fc42e8.jpg

I was told by a reputable source that this Bird Scare Tape scares the heck out of birds and they avoid the area you place it in. It works by attacking the bird's senses causing the bird to be frightened away. My thoughts are if we place a piece of this on the sides and top of the Mavic it would scare the birds away.
I ordered a roll on Amazon and I'm going to place 3 pieces on my Mavic.
Another added benefit is it would make the Mavic far more visible being it is moving in the sky. I know this is highly visible because it looks like a CD surface and you can see those things in a ditch driving down the freeway at 80 MPH.
View attachment 10714
Order it Here.
Amazon.com: Bird Blinder - The Original Bird Repellent Scare Tape (Diamond) - 147 feet x 2 inch Deterrent: Patio, Lawn & Garden
You mite check with DJI and see if it would cause problems with the drone

Has anyone had a answer as to whether or not this reflective tape will mess up the compass system as yet..

Bird strike is the main reason I wrapped my MP...making it less grey and bird coloured - also easier to find if it goes down in a field / tree etc. I went with red (natures warning sign?) with some comedy eyes and a big toothy grin! Well at least if I can't scare the birds off I can scare small children instead [emoji41]
4b618b2fc27689c601f65f7c794f7b8c.jpg
ce4a108453366a9c4a9b48c41bac3649.jpg
Is that sticky tape? Has anyone found any anti bird tape that has a sticky side?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada