DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird went down. :-(

...your right with what your saying however you have to stay within 400' of the structure,you cant just take off and just fly away...
Wasn't even thinking about that. Exactly. If you want to fly 401+ft horizontally from the structure, you would need to reduce your altitude to -9,600ft, or lower. But something tells me that you'd lose VLOS :)

you seem to be about the only one to get somewhat the jist of what im saying so ill respond to your comment.
your right with what your saying however you have to stay within 400' of the structure,you cant just take off and just fly away.
your still 10.400 feet high,still legal AND THIS IS THE PART I FIND STUPID,
if this is too hard for others to understand my reasoning,im sorry its as simple as possible
you may disagree,flame me bait me or whatever,but your'e wasting your time,i wont indulge you with a response
There is no legal and illegal. It is not a law. There are no FAA drone police.

As someone else already mentioned, the OP never said how high he was flying. Only that UAV Forecast predicted calm winds up to 1500m. This whole discussion about how people interpret legal limits to personal needs is pointless for him, and have been discussed in a zillion threads already.

You guys do know that this is an INTERNATIONAL Forum? Yeh?

Here is OZ out in the country you can fly as high as you like as long as you still have LOS with the Drone.

All Countries have their own Laws and Rules for drones.

In some countries drones are actually illegal to own.

The OP dos not state his location. He may be in the US, He may not?. He may be living on the top of a mountain peak.

The FAA 400' feet from the ground level within proximity of your drone makes absolute sense to me. If your drone is in risk of colliding with a Heli or Fixed Wing. Then the Pilot of that craft has more to worry about than a drone. Like running into a mountain range or a pole on the top of a tower. They will do a lot more damage than a Mavic.

Cheers

He never said he was at 1500 meters or feet. He said UAV stated little to no wind at those altitudes.

Love how the people that don’t know the difference between a law and a request always hijack threads when someone even mentions they flew over 400’ feet. I would have liked to have known what caused his crash.

For the clueless here, if you are not a part 107 pilot everything within 107 is a request. If you are a 107 pilot you may be fined or jailed for violations.

That said, don’t be a dumbass and fly in the flight path of an airport or something else reckless. There are plenty of real laws like culpable negligence that you could be charged with.

There is no legal and illegal. It is not a law. There are no FAA drone police.

The Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) is the codification of the general and permanent rules and regulations (sometimes called administrative law) published in the Federal Register by the executive departments and agencies of the federal government of the United States.

Although they are not laws, regulations have the force of law, since they are adopted under authority granted by statutes, and often include penalties for violations.

i’m not sure if the op was actually flying at 1500m, he only mentioned the uav forecast was showing calm all the way up to 1500m but i could be wrong. i’m pretty sure it’s not a warranty case but i think you have a good chance with dji care. just contact dji.
I read it the same way you did.... The Forecast was good o 1500m, but he states he knows that is way further than what is legal. Wind comes in layers -- I think he was saying he should not have even had a rogue gust nearby.

I read it the same way you did.... The Forecast was good o 1500m, but he states he knows that is way further than what is legal. Wind comes in layers -- I think he was saying he should not have even had a rogue gust nearby.

Yep, that was my reading too. I also use the UAV app, and that fact that it provides information on wind conditions up to 1500 meters says absolutely nothing about how high I fly. I think the OP was pointing to the discrepancy between the apparently calm wind conditions reported by UAV Forecast and the sudden wind warning message that popped up just as the AC went wonky. I wonder if the sensors that generate the wind warning message could be spoofed into interpreting a bird strike as a sudden gust.

Love how the people that don’t know the difference between a law and a request always hijack threads when someone even mentions they flew over 400’ feet. I would have liked to have known what caused his crash.

For the clueless here, if you are not a part 107 pilot everything within 107 is a request. If you are a 107 pilot you may be fined or jailed for violations.

That said, don’t be a dumbass and fly in the flight path of an airport or something else reckless. There are plenty of real laws like culpable negligence that you could be charged with.

That's an unfortunate post, not just because of its tone but also because you are mistaken.

Part 107 is not just a certification, it is the Federal law governing unmanned aerial systems unless you qualify for one of three alternatives listed in 107.1 (b): (1) Air carrier operations, (2) Any aircraft subject to the provisions of part 101 of this chapter, or (3) Any operation that a remote pilot in command elects to conduct pursuant to an exemption issued under section 333 of Public Law 112-95, unless otherwise specified in the exemption.

Whether you are Part 107 certified or not is irrelevant to flying under Part 101. If you meet the applicability requirements of 101.41 then Part 107 doesn't apply in any sense at all - you are exempt from it and you are neither required nor requested to follow it. If you don't meet the applicability requirements of 101.41 then whether or not you are Part 107 certified, you are subject to the requirements of Part 107. And if you are not Part 107 certified then you are immediately in breach of 107.12 (a) (1), as well as any other requirements or prohibitions that you may not have met.

Actually I don't get t
you seem to be about the only one to get somewhat the jist of what im saying so ill respond to your comment.
your right with what your saying however you have to stay within 400' of the structure,you cant just take off and just fly away.
your still 10.400 feet high,still legal AND THIS IS THE PART I FIND STUPID,
if this is too hard for others to understand my reasoning,im sorry its as simple as possible
you may disagree,flame me bait me or whatever,but your'e wasting your time,i wont indulge you with a response[/QUOTE Actually I don't get the stupid part, I see the 400 feet to keep us away from manned aircraft so 400 feet above a structure, mountain makes sense and the further away from the structure or mountain the more of a chance of a manned aircraft encounter just how I see it.

So, went out flying this oh so calm morning, the clouds were pretty up against the mountains, a shot I've gotten a thousand times already in a place I've flown just as often, but what the ****, what's one more, right?

...Uh huh.

Fast forward a mere 11 minutes and change, a high wind warning pops up (completely calm all the way up to 1500M which is as far up as UAV forecast will display and, as we all know, WAY over what the limit is), my mavic pro almost instantly turns sideways, starts to spiral slowly at first, then quicker, and finally turns her nose down to the ground and hurtles towards the earth completely out of control in a scene that can only be likened to a fiery Hindenburg meeting her doom. A scene I had a first row seat in as I watched it unfold live on my galaxy S8.

Oh the horror.....and I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl.

I exaggerate (a little) but this SUCKS.

Don't know what happened, I can only assume it was a prop, but that's not for me to decide, but I now face the oft talked about grueling task of claiming Care Refresh, and waiting months to end up getting someone's refurb P.O.S that PROBABLY did the same thing and made him or her pee a little and cry a lot.....or getting told it was my fault and there goes my $2000 and counting investment. Poof.

Question is, has anyone had experience dealing with DJI and Care Refresh either way? Nervous as **** here and worried, mostly because A few rules MAY have been broken, and not sure what they take into consideration when deciding whether or not to honor it, and honestly ive heard a LOT of horror stories.

Seriously? This sucks. Can't wait to get in the air again.
I feel your grief. Love flying too. Bought a new MPP on 11-21 and only had 73 flights when I noticed a stress crack in the top canopy left side were the left from arm swings out. I too have the Refresh but sending it out with a prepaid UPS ground shipping label to California for hopefully a warranty issue and a new replace. Will see

i dont know,in all fairness you broke the rules and possibly endangered airspace,do you think you deserve another drone knowing this was careless and deliberate,not including other aircraft's flying,what about birds or drone failure?thats like a little missile at 1100 feet
i may get flamed but this is the reality of being careless.
What if his spiraling combination of metal and plastic struck a person on the head? DOA for the drone and the innocent person. I wonder if you really learned a lesson. Your posting was awfully cavalier.

Read the OP. It does not state how high he was flying, only that the UAV forcast displays up to 1500M.

What if his spiraling combination of metal and plastic struck a person on the head? DOA for the drone and the innocent person. I wonder if you really learned a lesson. Your posting was awfully cavalier.
im not the op here

You guys do know that this is an INTERNATIONAL Forum? Yeh?

Here is OZ out in the country you can fly as high as you like as long as you still have LOS with the Drone.

All Countries have their own Laws and Rules for drones.

In some countries drones are actually illegal to own.

The OP dos not state his location. He may be in the US, He may not?. He may be living on the top of a mountain peak.

The FAA 400' feet from the ground level within proximity of your drone makes absolute sense to me. If your drone is in risk of colliding with a Heli or Fixed Wing. Then the Pilot of that craft has more to worry about than a drone. Like running into a mountain range or a pole on the top of a tower. They will do a lot more damage than a Mavic.

Cheers

The OP is in Canada.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian