DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird went down. :-(

Wow no wonder the FAA is trying to make this difficult for us all when half of you don't even know what the rules are....
400 AGL is the recommended safe max altitude for hobby fliers, it's not a Law. The FAA police are not going to come get you if you go 405 by accident. Now is it smart to go above 400AGL? **** no plains and other types of AC normally fly above that height, not to mention the UAV would be a missile if it free falls from such a height, also VLOS becomes difficult at higher altitude due to the smaller size of the Mavic.
From the way I read the OP's post he was flying high I didn't read I took of from a mountain top or I flew up the side of the mountain keeping regulations in mind. I read, I he was in the air and the mavic started to free fall from an unknown altitude. Probably lost a prop or bird strike
For anyone who is interested in the facts on the 400' guideline, I am putting a link here to a reply from the FAA to the AMA on this topic.
Here is the answer from the FAA - http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/files/2016/07/FAA-400feet.pdf

Reactions: beachcombing

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji