DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Yep birds are territorial and will attack any invader, I've seen a few quads taken down by birds in the years I've been flying.

Reactions: Crocket1158
Yep birds are territorial and will attack any invader, I've seen a few quads taken down by birds in the years I've been flying.
By a bird of prey I presume... I doubt anything smaller than a hawk will take down a Mavic

I like that music!

By a bird of prey I presume... I doubt anything smaller than a hawk will take down a Mavic

Actually any bird is capable enough, it only takes a few to swarm the quad and for one to hit a prop and its down you go.

The Mavic is a bit more robust than that tho... A hit on a prop is certainly not enough to bring it down (not like I'm speaking from experience or anything *cough cough*)
I'm willing to think the hit will have to break an arm for the Mavic to come crashing down.

A prop hit will just cause it to loose a few feet and expertly recover as long as it's high enough and the thing doing the hitting stops. (in the case of a small bird i.e a swift,..... Well RIP Mr Swift)

Reactions: radman
Something a lot smaller can take out a prop ... and quads are not good at flying with three.

I had baby seagulls chasing me yesterday while on local beach....as ive the Alpine White Mavic, they must have thought i was mummy haha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose