DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

donatas1

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yep birds are territorial and will attack any invader, I've seen a few quads taken down by birds in the years I've been flying.

Reactions: Crocket1158
Yep birds are territorial and will attack any invader, I've seen a few quads taken down by birds in the years I've been flying.
By a bird of prey I presume... I doubt anything smaller than a hawk will take down a Mavic

I like that music!

By a bird of prey I presume... I doubt anything smaller than a hawk will take down a Mavic

Actually any bird is capable enough, it only takes a few to swarm the quad and for one to hit a prop and its down you go.

The Mavic is a bit more robust than that tho... A hit on a prop is certainly not enough to bring it down (not like I'm speaking from experience or anything *cough cough*)
I'm willing to think the hit will have to break an arm for the Mavic to come crashing down.

A prop hit will just cause it to loose a few feet and expertly recover as long as it's high enough and the thing doing the hitting stops. (in the case of a small bird i.e a swift,..... Well RIP Mr Swift)

Reactions: radman
Something a lot smaller can take out a prop ... and quads are not good at flying with three.

I had baby seagulls chasing me yesterday while on local beach....as ive the Alpine White Mavic, they must have thought i was mummy haha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stormy2024