DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blade life

PilotCooper

Reactions
Do you happen to know if there is a "Blade life" per se? Do they eventually wear out after so many flight hours? Is there is an easy way to test your blades to make sure all is good? thx

You should be able to use them for years if you don't damage them. Inspect them carefully for damage prior to each flight. When you notice any damage, replace the damaged prop.

After chatting with DJI on this after I had posted the 200 sortie thing some time back, DJI defines a "sortie" as any flight, whether it be 1 minute, or 1 hour", despite the obvious difference in wear between the two, it was the best way for them to come up with 200. It also started with the Inspires "upgraded" prop system, that included hinged propellers, therefore the hinge points on the prop are what defined an actual lifespan. Whereas the Non foldable props have no defined lifespan.

Reactions: Qoncussion
With all my DJI drones, I just inspect the props. I inspect them for damage, if play is starting to creep in where they mount to the motors. If thats fine, then I just keep flying with them. I've had my Phantom 4 since it first came out (a couple years ago?) and I fly that quite frequently and have yet to change the props out...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird