DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 camera module replacement.

Airborn

Reactions
Hi there, so I've crashed my drone and have an issue with the aperture blades on the main camera of the Mavic 3. the aperture blades are sliding across the camera causing the lens to be covered and the screen only shows black. if I physically turn the drone upside down the aperture blades open and I can see again but during flight, they will eventually slide back over the camera. I'm on a mission to replace the main Hasselblad camera ( not the zoom ) but i hear online that I will need to calibrate the unit after.

I've also read somewhere that if I'm only replacing the main Hasselblad camera and not the zoom part of the module I shouldn't have to pair it with the motherboard / calibrate it after.
can anyone confirm this to be true?

Hi there, so I've crashed my drone and have an issue with the aperture blades on the main camera of the Mavic 3. the aperture blades are sliding across the camera causing the lens to be covered and the screen only shows black. if I physically turn the drone upside down the aperture blades open and I can see again but during flight, they will eventually slide back over the camera. I'm on a mission to replace the main Hasselblad camera ( not the zoom ) but i hear online that I will need to calibrate the unit after.

I've also read somewhere that if I'm only replacing the main Hasselblad camera and not the zoom part of the module I shouldn't have to pair it with the motherboard / calibrate it after.
Send it to DJI for camera replacement. Their prices are reasonable and it will be done right.

Reactions: Airborn
Send it to DJI for camera replacement. Their prices are reasonable and it will be done right.
I can have it fixed in half the time and half the cost if I could only get my hands on the new software to calibrate using python or a similar method.

Just fly in explorer mode all the time. I had my gimbal assembly changed and I think it was about $700.

Just fly in explorer mode all the time. I had my gimbal assembly changed and I think it was about $700.
I took the drone out and put it into explorer mode and im getting the same results. I tried it in 7x zoom and sure enough, it works but with a serious dip in quality. Thanks for your input.

I took the drone out and put it into explorer mode and im getting the same results. I tried it in 7x zoom and sure enough, it works but with a serious dip in quality. Thanks for your input.
Yea, I forgot it uses the main camera in explorer mode until you get to 7x. And you don't want to fly around in 7x all the time.