DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blank Map - DJI GO 4 - Mavic Pro

soccerpeve

Reactions
Alright guys...new mavic, Android Moto X Pure running Android 6.0. The map area is always blank unless I enable all the Chinese settings, then I can see China...uh...I'm in the USA.

I've updated, reverted, and updated again all firmware, no dice.

I've reinstalled DJI Go a number of times with no luck.

Cache settings do nothing, and trying to download offline maps, I just get an error saying the network is down check your connection.

RC reset seems to do nothing as well - C1 C2 and record button. I even re formatted the mavic SD card. Nothing.

I'm about to punt this and return it if I can't get it resolved...any other ideas?

4767af2a9e988402932327d504248089.jpg

Also just FYI, it makes no difference if GPS is locked, or compass is calibrated. WiFi mode and rc makes no difference either.

There is an issue with latest app and maps

I use 4.1.9 and use app cloner to switch it to Google maps rather than here maps

Alright guys...new mavic, Android Moto X Pure running Android 6.0. The map area is always blank unless I enable all the Chinese settings, then I can see China...uh...I'm in the USA.

I've updated, reverted, and updated again all firmware, no dice.

I've reinstalled DJI Go a number of times with no luck.

Cache settings do nothing, and trying to download offline maps, I just get an error saying the network is down check your connection.

RC reset seems to do nothing as well - C1 C2 and record button. I even re formatted the mavic SD card. Nothing.

I'm about to punt this and return it if I can't get it resolved...any other ideas?

You’ve set the camera settings manually of course? You can white the screen with various settings in manual position. I’m sure that’s the first thing you checked. Bummer man don’t punt it,whatever it is, when u get it working you’ll be glad you muscled through. There’s no drone like it.

You’ve set the camera settings manually of course? You can white the screen with various settings in manual position. I’m sure that’s the first thing you checked. Bummer man don’t punt it,whatever it is, when u get it working you’ll be glad you muscled through. There’s no drone like it.

Camera picture is fine you can see it in the bottom left of his picture, its the maps that he is having issues with

Well again, good luck dude, don’t punt it ..
Maybe exchange it !
Yeah, the camera image is great. Funny thing is my old dump phone from years ago runs maps fine, but doesn't have enough juice to keep the video from locking up. Gah.

I'm still trying to figure out the magic posted above...

OK KIDS! Got something here...and it's repeatable and gets google maps back instead of stupid "here" maps. NO ROOTING, no mess, quick.

1) download advanced task killer
2) launch DJI go 4
3) select device and "enter device"
4) cry a little because you shouldn't have to do this.
5) hit Android home button and launch task killer, kill at minimum the DJI listings.
6) immediately switch back to DJI go app. DO NOT RE LAUNCH the app, do not close it, simple switch back.
7) you will get a blank screen for a few seconds, then BAM Google maps.

Dude!!! I love this forum. The way most people help and just want there fellow pilots to succeed. Well done mate

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403