"Blown Away" Timelapse!

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com

Timelapse for this picture

Timelapse for this picture

Great clip! Very well done. Please review for us the exact technique you used. I can never seem to get my hyper lapses without wobbles. I have tried both the hyper lapse function (2 seconds interval) and the multiple photo function.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Great time lapse! Us mini pilots sure wish we could do that! Excellent job getting out there and capturing that shot at just the right moment.

—Noah

Great clip! Very well done. Please review for us the exact technique you used. I can never seem to get my hyper lapses without wobbles. I have tried both the hyper lapse function (2 seconds interval) and the multiple photo function.
Here you go Dale, hope this helps.

I go to just below 400 feet, start a "free" hyperlapse (2 second interval 1080p (will be shooting 4K now with newest update)), and let er rip...
When I feel like I've had enough, bring her down, import.

In Premiere I import as image sequence... AFTER using LrC to rename them on export because Pr doesn't like the filename provided by DJI as far as image sequences go, and I ALWAYS edit my timelapse in LrC and use the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V command to copy and paste all my settings from one frame to all the frames.
... okay, back to Premiere... I import as image sequence, then timeframe any exposure differences, edit that all up, then check the speed, and finally Warp Stabilizer set to... dang, I cant remember, but the fancy one lol. "Perspective Warp" maybe?

Done.

P.S. - I just started using Resolve but don't feel like I should be giving any "how-to"s yet.

Here you go Dale, hope this helps.

I go to just below 400 feet, start a "free" hyperlapse (2 second interval 1080p (will be shooting 4K now with newest update)), and let er rip...
When I feel like I've had enough, bring her down, import.

In Premiere I import as image sequence... AFTER using LrC to rename them on export because Pr doesn't like the filename provided by DJI as far as image sequences go, and I ALWAYS edit my timelapse in LrC and use the Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V command to copy and paste all my settings from one frame to all the frames.
... okay, back to Premiere... I import as image sequence, then timeframe any exposure differences, edit that all up, then check the speed, and finally Warp Stabilizer set to... dang, I cant remember, but the fancy one lol. "Perspective Warp" maybe?

Done.

P.S. - I just started using Resolve but don't feel like I should be giving any "how-to"s yet.
Hey Cody:

Thanks for this. My question is not pertaining to the processing, but to the actual flight. Do you actually fly slowly towards the subject? Do you just hover during the hyper lapse 125 shot sequence. As you know I have tried the hover and always ge4t wobble. I have tried flying verrrry slowwwwwly (as slow as I can) towards the sunset and that seems to dampen the wobble. So my question really its, do you fly during the hyper lapse or do you hover?

As far as the post-processing, I have gotten that down pat with LRTimelapse use of the saved RAW files.

Hey Cody:

Thanks for this. My question is not pertaining to the processing, but to the actual flight. Do you actually fly slowly towards the subject? Do you just hover during the hyper lapse 125 shot sequence. As you know I have tried the hover and always ge4t wobble. I have tried flying verrrry slowwwwwly (as slow as I can) towards the sunset and that seems to dampen the wobble. So my question really its, do you fly during the hyper lapse or do you hover?

As far as the post-processing, I have gotten that down pat with LRTimelapse use of the saved RAW files.
I sit stationary.

And use stabilizer in Davinci or Premiere.

Sorry for the short reply. Working

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan