DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Blurry Photo?

Reactions
Good evening!

I am currently waiting for DJI to get back to me, after uploading sample photos and videos to them. I received this drone as a replacement for a fly away that I had. I feel that the photos taken by this replacement drone seem to be not as sharp as my previous one.

It could be just me... But it sure seems to be softer than the drone it replaced.

I have uploaded the RAW images to google drive.

I agree with Meta4, these images do not look blurry at all.
You do know that the camera does not apply sharpening to RAW images, so they seem a bit softer than JPG-photos?

I downloaded the files and agree with OP that those are certainly not acceptable. If I couldn’t see that they were 30MB files I’d have thought you had uploaded the cached low resolution files.

They look pixelated more so than blurry so I’d suspect an issue with the camera rather than with the lens.

I’m noticing now that those images are only 15 MP and not the 20 MP that they are supposed to be, perhaps there is some weird downscaling going on? Do the full resolution files look the same?

I’m noticing now that those images are only 15 MP and not the 20 MP that they are supposed to be, perhaps there is some weird downscaling going on?
The photos are shot in 16:9 aspect ratio, that is why they are 15 MP.

They look pixelated more so than blurry so I’d suspect an issue with the camera rather than with the lens.
I look at the images on a large high quality monitor and I can not see any sign of pixelation.
The photo of the animals are shot at f/2.8, that is why it looks slightly softer off-center than the other photo, which is shot at f/5. All camera lenses are softer at the widest aperture.
And as I said before, DNG-files seem to be softer than JPG-files since they have not been sharpened in-camera.

I downloaded the files and agree with OP that those are certainly not acceptable. If I couldn’t see that they were 30MB files I’d have thought you had uploaded the cached low resolution files.

You were looking at the tiny jpg thumbnail files that are included inside each dng file.
The actual image files look perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griggmi