DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bonjour from SW France

Alec in France

Reactions
Just bought my MA FMC - first flight out of beginner mode today.
Very impressed with the quality of design and construction and the results.
I spent a couple of months with a Syma X5SW - good practice because it's much harder to fly than the Mavic.
I live in a very hilly area so will have some fun with altitude - the house is on a hilltop so it's easy to go negative.
A nearby hill is almost exactly 150 m (the French altitude limit) higher than us, so seeing over that is a goal when I gain enough confidence.
Surprised how easy (and quick) it is to lose sight of the drone, even with strong signal a bit unnerving in such a hilly landscape.
Here's a pic of the new pilot and an idea of the landscapeView media item 2124 - in the other direction it's even hillier.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I spent a couple of months with a Syma X5SW - good practice because it's much harder to fly than the Mavic.
I live in a very hilly area so will have some fun with altitude - the house is on a hilltop so it's easy to go negative.
A nearby hill is almost exactly 150 m (the French altitude limit) higher than us, so seeing over that is a goal when I gain enough confidence.
Surprised how easy (and quick) it is to lose sight of the drone, even with strong signal a bit unnerving in such a hilly landscape.
Here's a pic of the new pilot and an idea of the landscapeView media item 2124 - in the other direction it's even hillier.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Howdy from Wyoming @Alec in France , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Many thanks for the welcome and good wishes. I've already picked up some very useful tips - and the even more important "don'ts" from the forum.
Hope to make some useful contributions when I'm more familiar with the drone.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, love the photo, keep them coming. Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa