DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken front right Arm

Rmeis7

Reactions
So, like a moron, I was playing around in sport mode and managed to clip a tree. Now my front right arm has broken plastic at the hinge. I've seen arms being sold on ebay, but I'm very hesitant to purchase one and attempt the repair myself. Any advice would be well taken. Thanks

Attachments

• drone arm.pdf
    605.8 KB · Views: 23
If you're looking for someone to help you fix it, you can find some repair shops here.

I fix Mavics every day. Do you have any pictures? The front arm replacement is not something I would recommend you do yourself unless you have fixed microelectronics before. First, you have to disassemble the Mavic, then unsolder 3 big solder joints and 2 very small ones, then install the new arm. Getting the arm pins back in the front arm is a pain, and then resoldering the LED connectors takes steady hands and a soldering iron that can get to 850° with a tiny tip on it.

Here are 2 threads I created; the first one is information about repairs, the second is an online repair request.

Thunderdrones Repair Information

and this one:

Thunderdrones Mavic Repair Order

If you're looking for someone to help you fix it, you can find some repair shops here.

It's weird that site recommends some repair shop in Staten Island but there's literally an authorized dealer/repair shop right in midtown

The Staten Island shop is not a DJI repair center. You can find a list of all DJI repair centers here (also in my list of links).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas