DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken propellor screw

yoav

Reactions
Hi there,
First flight out and a few mins in got msg on screen to say motor or propellor problems.
Brought drone home straight away to discover one prop missing and the screw sheered of with it so now the bottom part of the screw is stuck in the thread with no part sticking out to put players on.
How does one go about removing the lodged screw or does the whole piece needs replacing and if so who do you contact (bought in Sydney Australia last week)

If bought new I'd return it, full stop. The screw should not have broken.

If second hand then you face a difficult task in trying to remove the screw, I doubt that you could drill it out without access to a machine shop and good and correctly sharpened drill bits and even then what about swarf getting drawn into the motor by the magnets in the rotor, besides if you damage the female threads in the rotor I doubt there is an in-balance fix.
I'd be inclined to look for another motor which probably means an arm and motor.

Drone model? Motor replacement may be necessary. As said pic-of broken screw helpful as some of us have successfully replaced. Arm/ motor available..tools for diy cheap. DJI helpful too if warranted

Thanks guys.
It’s a brand new mini SE. Literally first flight.
Photo attached showing the bottom of the screw still in the motor.
I’m pretty certain the massage on the screen, while flying, said “propellor problem” or “motor problem”. I wonder if it’s a warranty issue

Attachments

• A6BF4E46-58D1-44C9-BA97-76A155E067C1.jpeg
    A6BF4E46-58D1-44C9-BA97-76A155E067C1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Send it back as a warranty issue. Do not make any attempt to extract the remnants. Full stop. Any such attempts will leave marks and raise questions.

Reactions: 13_Dragons and oztx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78