DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

But it's too cold outside to enjoy flying my Drone…

The couple I posted a link to their youtube channel live completely off grid year round. They shower outside all year in a make shift shower room, they get power from their solar panels. They get eggs from their chickens, they kill moose and what ever is in season to feed them selfs and their dogs year round even if its road kill that the ministry will give them a call to come pick up. They have a garden and green house to dye for. Many videos are about preserving food in jars. They have bee hives for honey. The make birch syrup just like maple syrup. Not one thing is on grid other then their truck and gas for the boat, snow machines and what ever needs it to run which is very little. Alaska weather is not much different from Northern Ontario weather in the winter time. 40 below is 40 below no matter where you live. The nice thing about Alaska is the long days during the summer, something we don't get here. It helps
tough living, to be sure but very, very rewarding I'm also sure. 40 below...40 below...yep yep. Sometimes you hear people say @#$ like "once it's 20below if it gets colder it doesn't make much difference" and other nonsense. Ah well.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
tough living, to be sure but very, very rewarding I'm also sure.
I love your story and even without a photo, I can imagine what a living Snowman looked like…

I grew up in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate New York. We lived in a Log Cabin on the Schroon River. We also were in the Snow Belt. When the wind blew during a blizzard, the leeward side of the cabin would drift all the way over the roof. We often received 10-feet or more of snow each year and 40 below was not unheard of…

Here.png

I was 7-years old when we finally got electricity and the kerosene lamps were replaced with lightbulbs, the hand-pump was replaced with faucets, and the "privy" was replaced with a toilet…

Usually in mid to late April, the Spring Thaw would occur and the river would rise over 7-feet and flood the area. Our cabin was on 3-foot piers to keep us above the floodwater. It lasted about a week, but during that time, it was like living on a houseboat. We had to park about a half mile away on high ground and we tied the boat up to the front porch…

In spite of it all, I never considered it a hardship!

Reactions: NewAir2sMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada