DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a drone

Vallis64

Reactions
Planning on buying either a Mavic pro platinum with a fly more combo or a Mavic two pro,it’s a hard decision to make as this is my first drone purchase Any help in making my decision for either drone would be appreciated ,thank you

Planning on buying either a Mavic pro platinum with a fly more combo or a Mavic two pro,it’s a hard decision to make as this is my first drone purchase Any help in making my decision for either drone would be appreciated ,thank you

Well the difference really comes down to camera quality and continuing support.

The Mavic Pro Platinum has a great camera and unless you are pro or prosumer then it should be just fine. The Mavic 2 Pro has camera features a professional will want but keep in mind to take advantage of those features requires a good deal of proprocessing

The Mavic Pro 1 is the best deal out there right now. The Platinum was no great improvement over the original, and the MP2 is about double the price of the MP1. The fly more combo isn't that big of a deal, either. Extra batteries for the MP1 can be found for around $65 (US). There are frequently VERY good deals in the classified section on this forum, often low-hour MP1s with many extras for about $600 or less. If you have the money to burn and need to have the latest and greatest then just get the MP2; The camera is no doubt better, and more forgiving to a beginner at photography. You'll have to work a little bit more on camera/video settings and post processing (which you should learn at some point anyway) to get all that you can from the MP1, but it is definitely capable of excellent imagery.

Hello Vallis64, I was in the same
Hello Vallis64, I was in the same situation at the beginning of the year. I researched my drone purchase for about a year. I was originally going to purchase the GoPro Karma drone because I had a GoPro camera, but I’m glad I didn’t. My research showed the Karma inferior to a DJI product. I looked at several purchase sources (direct, Amazon, Best Buy, etc) plus different DJI drone models. The MPP recently came out. Since I wanted the latest and the greatest, I decided on the MPP. Right after the holidays, Best Buy had a sales promotion for drones. The MPP was $799 or $899 but they didn’t have any single DJI MPP drones left in stock. They only had a fly more kit. So I negotiated an out the door price of $1,115 plus tax for the fly more kit. I saved $285 off the regular price for the fly more kit. I’m happy with the extras that came with it. The fly more kit was in its original shipping box which I didn’t open for about a week after the purchase. (Didn’t have time). After unboxing the drone, I realized DJI had a drone replacement program, “Refresh Care.” I thought spending $130 would be a good insurance investment. However, the DJI online registration process for Refresh Care denied my application because I tried to purchase the insurance a week after purchasing the drone. I was honest with the purchase date which I did online first when initially unboxing and registering the drone. I was able to speak to a DJI Rep soon after and convinced DJI that I had just unboxed the drone. So I was able to purchase the Refresh Care Program. I highly suggest you spend the additional money to get drone insurance immediately after purchasing your drone. Lastly, I did research a third party 3D printed attachment to mount my GoPro camera to the drone. It attaches to the drone like a glove. I’m looking forward to warmer weather to test my GoPro camera video taping while the MPP’s camera also video tapes. I hope this helps.

Thanks guys for your input,still have not decided yet but soon enough I will have ordered either mavic platinum or m2p sort of leaning towards m2p for better camera footage

I bought a MP Refurbished and I’ve never looked back. I’m a Hobbyist, not a Pro. Yet, my MP will always have something new and fun to teach me. Throw in an extra battery and I’m as happy as a dog with a bone??

Reactions: Bobvt

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78