DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying an Air next week!! Tips?!

It is the official DJI eBay store. I am going to chat on DJI with customer service and see if buying from the eBay store will still have all of the warranty and everything.

It is the official DJI eBay store. I am going to chat on DJI with customer service and see if buying from the eBay store will still have all of the warranty and everything.
Just be careful there was a couple different DJI stores on ebay a while back that claimed to be official and were not. Had thousands of feedback too. If I may ask what bundle if any are you planning on purchasing? I buy and sell stuff on the internet and do it for a living. If you want I can keep an eye out for the best deal I see daily.

Just be careful there was a couple different DJI stores on ebay a while back that claimed to be official and were not. Had thousands of feedback too. If I may ask what bundle if any are you planning on purchasing? I buy and sell stuff on the internet and do it for a living. If you want I can keep an eye out for the best deal I see daily.

This is the link to what I plan to buy. I will have the money on Friday. But I am thinking of waiting and watching through cyber Monday. I won’t be home to fly until after December 12 anyways as I work on a tow boat. But I want to have it for my families Christmas vacation.

This is the link to what I plan to buy. I will have the money on Friday. But I am thinking of waiting and watching through cyber Monday. I won’t be home to fly until after December 12 anyways as I work on a tow boat. But I want to have it for my families Christmas vacation.
That is one of the fake DJI accounts I was telling you about. They are actually camrise. Here is their website. Camrise
Personally I would never buy anything from a business that tried and trick people into thinking they are buying from the manufactures ebay account.

Save your money and make your own landing pad.
Or easier: On uneven ground let the Mavic air hover in 2 m height right next to you. Grab it gently from below and with the other hand push the control stick 1 on the remote towards you just like you would land. Done.

Sounds more difficult than it is. It bought my Mavic Air and immediately ordered a landing pad at Aliexpress. By the time it arrived I learned how to land it with my hand and never used the pad.

The choice of filters seems to be a religion of itself. I just bought a set of cheap ones from Neewer. The only thing that was important for me is that they are multi-coated to give an even light distribution.

I bought a set of ND 4 / ND 8 / ND 16 and ND 4 + PL / ND 8 + PL / ND 16 + PL but to be honest the first three should be enough to start. I paid 30 € at Amazon Germany, you can probably get them for the same amount in the US.

Agreed. Do a filter ssearch and there aare a ton of threads about the subject.
I use these FILTERS and they are working fine. A 6 piece set for about $30.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
I was thinking about that. But if I purchase from the DJI official eBay store then it comes with a landing pad. It will depend on if purchasing from the eBay store includes the full warranty like purchasing directly from DJI.
If you are looking at Camrise's dronesuperstore on Ebay, they are an authorized DJI dealer and you would be getting the appropriate DJI warranty. Just take a close look at the listings, it may be a refurbished drone.

If you are looking at Camrise's dronesuperstore on Ebay, they are an authorized DJI dealer and you would be getting the appropriate DJI warranty. Just take a close look at the listings, it may be a refurbished drone.
It is refurbished. I plan to purchase refurbished anyways. I am struggling to come up with the money to get the refurbished. I have no clue how long it would take me to get a new one. And refurbished from DJI has the same six year warranty as new. I don’t know about refurbished from an authorized eBay user though. That is what I am trying to figure out.

Camrise is an authorized dealer but a shady one at best. They advertise that they are the
"DJI Official eBay Outlet Store"
Leading people to believe that they are buying from DJI. They are just another DJI dealer and the fact that they use shady tactics to get customers should be enough to make anyone not do business with them. There are tons of DJI authorized dealers that are honest and do not nee to mislead people.

Reactions: anotherlab
It is refurbished. I plan to purchase refurbished anyways. I am struggling to come up with the money to get the refurbished. I have no clue how long it would take me to get a new one. And refurbished from DJI has the same six year warranty as new. I don’t know about refurbished from an authorized eBay user though. That is what I am trying to figure out.
As @tanner707 mentioned, it's a little sketchy that they list themselves as "DJI Official eBay Outlet Store", when they are not actually DJI. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable buy a new/used/refurb drone from eBay. If there is anything wrong with the drone, getting that resolved would be an adventure at best.

If you are looking to buy a used or refurbished Mavic, take a look at @djidroneservice's online store.

Great move, like others said, read the manual and dig deep on the DJI site to the GO 4 manual. I think it's the software that makes DJI the standout. Go 4 is as deep as you want to go, you can get good results with the minimum or you can go big. Get familiar with the various screens, I'm the KING of inadvertently switching to an undesirable screen ( do not even think of unseating me from the title :cool:) and then struggle to get back to the one with the data I want while maintaining VLOS. I think the aircraft is very forgiving, and I love the way it handles wind that used to keep me grounded. From your comments you are going to do well with it, you've done a lot of homework.

I am buying a Mavic Air on the 22nd when I get the last $100 I need for it. I have been watching tons of video about recommended setting changes. I am going to buy a landing pad and MAS propellers when I purchase it. I will have three medium sized cards instead of just one large one. I would like to know more tips or recommended videos to help before I really get to flying. Thanks in advance!!!
I've had a Mavic Air for almost 2 yrs (I got it when they first came out), and have almost 12 hours spread over 64 flights, using DJI GO4. I also have time flying it using Litchi, but those hours don't show up in the DJI app.

You've gotten a lot of good suggestions in this thread, and it seems you're on a good track. Here are some more suggestions:

I strongly urge you to always do screen recording from launch to recovery - this is recording what you see on screen in real-time, including all the data overlays, and independent of any videos you record on the drone. After every flight, I review this video to get an understanding of what happened during the flight, without the pressure of piloting the quad. This is particularly important if you have a mishap during the flight.

I suggest reviewing the flight log data, which is recorded on your phone/pad. You can get a dump of the data manually, get an app that will do it for you, or upload the data to an online service like www.airdata.com which strips out the data, and overlays it on a map.

Last edited:
I've had a Mavic Air for almost 2 yrs (I got it when they first came out), and have almost 12 hours spread over 64 flights, using DJI GO4. I also have time flying it using Litchi, but those hours don't show up in the DJI app.

You've gotten a lot of good suggestions in this thread, and it seems you're on a good track. Here are some more suggestions:

I strongly urge you to always do screen recording from launch to recovery - this is recording what you see on screen in real-time, including all the data overlays, and independent of any videos you record on the drone. After every flight, I review this video to get an understanding of what happened during the flight, without the pressure of piloting the quad. This is particularly important if you have a mishap during the flight.

I suggest reviewing the flight log data, which is recorded on your phone/pad. You can get a dump of the data manually, get an app that will do it for you, or upload the data to an online service like www.airdata.com which strips out the data, and overlays it on a map.
How do you do the screen recording? And what is the purpose?

Dont fly in the house (everyone that does it ends up regretting it). Dont crash. READ THE MANUAL. have fun. Get a Tiny Whoop to fly in the house.
This little fella right here is the reason I don’t have a whoop or a tello, or really anything to fly inside. He doesn’t like it. A

Attachments

• 64A9C1D0-435E-46A3-8770-303D8933518A.png
    64A9C1D0-435E-46A3-8770-303D8933518A.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: zzxrox
I was looking at the tiny whoops.
Get a betafpv then. or if you really want a good one get an Alienwhoop Zer0. Hands down the best one with NFE silverware. You wont be sorry or look back!

This little fella right here is the reason I don’t have a whoop or a tello, or really anything to fly inside. He doesn’t like it. A
My kids dog (about as big) loves to chase any drone I fly. Its become a game. Super fun and he's good about not grabbing it but he will chase it all day LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole