DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying from DJI's website

Timing is everything.

Ordered the Big Combo including goggles, day after announcement. Got it 4 days later.

Now, word's out, orders have ramped way up. Chinese New Year too, as others have pointed out. Not surprising at all that lead times are growing.

Reactions: Advexure
Ordered my Mavic Air off their site last night and I swear it said estimated shipping 3-5 days after payment.Go on the site today and now it say's estimated shipping 10-15 days after payment.Is DJI pulling the same stunt they pulled in Sept 2016 when they announced the Mavic Pro?I ordered the Pro back then and waited 5 month's then cancelled the order and bought a P4.I did read somewhere that DJI had them in stock and shipping right away off their site that is why I ordered from them.
I ordered from the DJI store the black fly more with goggles on 2/3/18. It's coming on 2/13/18 shipped from China.

Well I got a hold of DJI support via their chat today.Their person told me my new estimated shipping date will be the 18th...........oh boy here we go again!I cancelled the order!I then called Advexure up and long story short within 2 hrs my Mavic Air fly more bundle in black was shipped,got the tracking # already.Will show up on the 13th.To boot they even threw in a free SD card.Now that is the best customer service EVER!

then called Advexure up and long story short within 2 hrs my Mavic Air fly more bundle in black was shipped,got the tracking # already.Will show up on the 13th.To boot they even threw in a free SD card.Now that is the best customer service EVER!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, support, and business. Glad our team was able to help you out. Enjoy your new Mavic Air and safe flying! :cool:

Thank you very much for your positive feedback, support, and business. Glad our team was able to help you out. Enjoy your new Mavic Air and safe flying! :cool:
You are sooooooo very welcome!!!!!!!

Well I got a hold of DJI support via their chat today.Their person told me my new estimated shipping date will be the 18th...........oh boy here we go again!I cancelled the order!I then called Advexure up and long story short within 2 hrs my Mavic Air fly more bundle in black was shipped,got the tracking # already.Will show up on the 13th.To boot they even threw in a free SD card.Now that is the best customer service EVER!
Great to hear that Advexure took care of you. Hopefully there’s a free SD card in my box when it gets here next week.

It’s a shame that DJI can’t get their shipping estimates correct on the website.

DJI lies just like they did in Sept 2016 when the Mavic was released.I paid in sept 2016,in Feb 2017 was still back ordered.Told Dji to go **** themselves and cancelled my order after being lied to for 5 months.DJI lies all the freakin time!Never buy from them direct.......EVER!

Last edited:
@Advexure, saw you liked my post about the order ramping -- bet you guys are seeing exactly that in the last two weeks. Kudos to you that you guys are keeping up! :eek: Thumbswayup

The shipping changes may have a lot of factors going into it including increasing popularity and the Chinese New Year. Not to mention the orders they have to fill from their retail partners.

I ordered mine the day it came out and received it 4 days after.

Reactions: Sprinter
Ordered the fly more package o the 4th of Feb, now the 10th. still says not shipped.

I believe it has to do with DJI’s break for Chinese New Year which is feb 16th. I believe they break for 2 weeks or so

Thank you very much for mentioning the 16th. I was intending to wait for my tax refund to order Honeyco's MP Alpine White Combo, but after reading your post I put the order on my CC on the 8th. Payment posted the 9th, and I just received a notice that my order has been handed over to FEDEX as of the 12th in Shenzen China (the 11th here).

Update: FEDEX states the Combo will be delivered on the 14th -- Valentine's Day -- by 1030am. Honeyco will likely go through one entire box of tissue when she sees it.

Last edited:
@Advexure, saw you liked my post about the order ramping -- bet you guys are seeing exactly that in the last two weeks. Kudos to you that you guys are keeping up! :eek: Thumbswayup

Chinese New Year every year is a chaotic period. All of our Chinese vendors completely shut down unfortunately by the end of their holiday we face many stock outs. We do our best to prepare but it's always a tough time. I have to say that I can't remember from years past a new product release like the Mavic Air just short of the CNY. Makes it a bit more interesting this year.

Anyone know if there is still a wait period when ordering from DJI directly? Is there any advantage from ordering directly from DJI vs authorized reseller vs Amazon?

Anyone know if there is still a wait period when ordering from DJI directly? Is there any advantage from ordering directly from DJI vs authorized reseller vs Amazon?

We've got good stock on all Mavic Air units. Order by 4PM PT for same day shipping from the US (Los Angeles). Any questions about the Air don't hesitate to reach out to our team for hands on assistance.

Shop Entire DJI Mavic Air Product Line Here: DJI Mavic Air In Stock – Shop DJI's Ultraportable 4K Drone | Advexure

If we can be of any help please PM, email or call.

Safe flying! :cool:

We've got good stock on all CS units at Advexure. Order by 4PM PT for same day shipping from the US (Los Angeles). Any questions about the CS don't hesitate to reach out to our team for hands on assistance.

CrystalSky 5.5": DJI CrystalSky Monitor - 5.5" High Brightness | Advexure
CrystalSky 7.85" High: DJI CrystalSky Monitor – 7.85" High Brightness Video Monitor
CrystalSky 7.85" Ultra: DJI CrystalSky Monitor – 7.85" CrystalSky Ultra Bright Video Monitor

DJI China direct is 20-25 days on the 7.85 High and no availability on the Ultra.

If we can be of any help please PM, email or call.

Safe flying! :cool:

Thanks for the response, I was specifically interested in the Red Air Fly More.

Buy from an american retailer like Advexure, then if you have problems is a much easier replacement, their customer service is very good, buying DJI direct is not the preferred option as their customer service is woeful. You should see all the problems people have with their DJI orders

Buy from an american retailer like Advexure, then if you have problems is a much easier replacement, their customer service is very good, buying DJI direct is not the preferred option as their customer service is woeful. You should see all the problems people have with their DJI orders
I think the benefit for us Canadians (at least me) is that buying from DJI saves us Canadian Sales Tax along with customs and duties.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99