DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying used Mavic from ebay........

thanks for the replies everyone! In regards to the "restricted by NFZs" comment, is that standard with every firmware or more prevalent in some?

Reasons to go up to most current FW (4.000): You want the new DJI Go app Quickshot modes (Dronie, etc); You need Dynamic Home Point for your Active Track mode; You need to feel "current"; You don't mind new potential bugs/problems introduced by firmware changes.
Just an FYI: I'm running 3.1000 firmware and I have the Quickshot modes when using the latest app. I thought I needed 4.0000 for those modes, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

thanks for the replies everyone! In regards to the "restricted by NFZs" comment, is that standard with every firmware or more prevalent in some?

It's baked in to the system past .700 (.800 and above).

thanks for the reply Lisa, i'll have to test out the mavic and verify the FW prior to flying when I get it on Thursday......I've had a mavic before and sold it on ebay some time ago, just excited to get back into it again!

Reasons to go up to most current FW (4.000): You want the new DJI Go app Quickshot modes (Dronie, etc); You need Dynamic Home Point for your Active Track mode; You need to feel "current"; You don't mind new potential bugs/problems introduced by firmware changes.

Reasons to move up to 3.700: You need support for the DJI Goggles; You want to use Fixed-Wing mode; You want to use Dual Remote Controller; You want to be able to turn off the remote controller low battery level warning; You don't want to have to remain logged in to your DJI account in order to fly.

Reasons to stay at 3.400: Your Mavic works perfectly fine and you don't need/want the newest app functions; You don't want to be restricted by NFZs, You want to change your Mavic's flight parameters at will; You don't like DJI controlling the abilities of your Mavic...
That is one of the more clear responses I have seen to this question. Thank you for breaking it down.

So, if I update the app, I won't get login nags or any restrictions?
If so, that's okay. Even with my version of the app (4.0.8) I get an update firmware warning each time I connect to the Mavic. No nags otherwise. No stability or usage issues either.

So, if I update the app, I won't get login nags or any restrictions?
If so, that's okay. Even with my version of the app (4.0.8) I get an update firmware warning each time I connect to the Mavic. No nags otherwise. No stability or usage issues either.

You won't get the flight restrictions (if on FW .700 or lower). If you update the app, you'll not only get the nagging to update firmware but also notifications that you can't fly past 50 meters out or 30 meters up until you log in. Though the warning is there, on .700 or below, the restriction is not (meaning you can fly right past those limits if you want). Frankly, there's not a lot of benefit in upgrading the app if you're using a lower firmware version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv