DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA requesting flight log details

... I would definitely look at modding the post 1, as a google search does bring up the profile here, that would not look good.
But then there are numerous comments here to that effect, also post 1 has been quoted several times, so I'm not sure anything other that a total thread deletion would solve this.
Maybe put in for a delete post request, if you can't do it yourself.
Nothing "goes away" on the internet. Ever.

It's important to note the following:

Only STAFF members can delete a thread. The OP can delete their content but quotations etc remain.

Even if deleted that information is still "stored" on the server etc.

If you put it in the INTERNET it's out-there pretty much for good.

The long and the short of it is that if everyone flies responsibly and not in areas they shouldn't then you have nothing to worry about.

End of Thread?

Merry Christmas ladies and gents!

Reactions: BigAl07
It's important to note the following:

Only STAFF members can delete a thread. The OP can delete their content but quotations etc remain.

Even if deleted that information is still "stored" on the server etc.

If you put it in the INTERNET it's out-there pretty much for good.
Even if he did edit his post, or you delete the post from the database, google has it at https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ anyway, forever.

Yeah, as I said it had to be a licensed pilot. But IMHO, there will soon be a time when even recreational flyers are going to have to do that, especially if they keep doing the silly things that they do.
I doubt it. But time will tell.

Time has just told... We now have an official FAA proposal In the US for remote ID on all drones and unmanned aircraft. Never mind showing our flight logs, if it is implemented, we’re going to have to be transmitting our flight records to the FAA live whenever we fly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Torque
Time has just told... We now have an official FAA proposal In the US for remote ID on all drones and unmanned aircraft. Never mind showing our flight logs, if it is implemented, we’re going to have to be transmitting our flight records to the FAA live whenever we fly!
Let me know if and when that NPRM actually translates to an actual rule.

• Haha
]
Actually, we should all reply before the comment period closes. My point mainly is that we are now at the point in time when they’re starting to propose regulations like that.

Reactions: Thomas B
]

Actually, we should all reply before the comment period closes. My point mainly is that we are now at the point in time when they’re starting to propose regulations like that.
Best suggestion is above! ... contact FAA,.. and the parent agency with your objections and concerns.

While it may not go into law 100% as written you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar it is going to convert into the FARs at some point in the next year or so. They don't go to all this trouble "just for fun".

Well - we’ve brought it on ourselves. At least, a minority of idiots have achieved this in the majority of the minds of our legislators. Here in the UK our regulator calls us ‘clueless, careless or criminal’. I’ve seen all of that on social media, as I am sure you will have too.

Reactions: BigAl07 and AMann
I have been asked to provide flight log details of a couple of YOUTUBE uploads. Can I delete them from my remote and say I haven't got any records. Only keep a video record of the flights.

Why would you even consider something so daft? When operating a drone you are acknowledging and accepting the legislation of the government authority you're operating your drone in, if they want to query a said flight(s), just play ball and give them what they need and get on with it. If you've messed up and broken a piece of legislation take your medicine and whatever punishment comes along with it.

Reactions: BigAl07
While it may not go into law 100% as written you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar it is going to convert into the FARs at some point in the next year or so. They don't go to all this trouble "just for fun".
Uh huh

Why would you even consider something so daft? When operating a drone you are acknowledging and accepting the legislation of the government authority you're operating your drone in, if they want to query a said flight(s), just play ball and give them what they need and get on with it. If you've messed up and broken a piece of legislation take your medicine and whatever punishment comes along with it.
I fear that that kind of attitude might eventually become commonplace in the US. It seems to be drifting in that direction in some circles.

I fear that that kind of attitude might eventually become commonplace in the US. It seems to be drifting in that direction in some circles.
Potentially so, sometimes it's worth doing the dance to avoid the hassle and worry about a knock on your door

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird