DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera angle too small?

MissJ

Reactions
Just tried hyperlapse for the first time using 2 waypoints. It says camera angle too small. What does that mean, and what is the easiest way to exit quick shots?

Just tried hyperlapse for the first time using 2 waypoints. It says camera angle too small. What does that mean, and what is the easiest way to exit quick shots?
Easiest way out of quick shots is by pressing the RTH button once. It acts like a "pause" button.

I haven't tried this but I've heard it works.

As for the other part, it means there won't be enough of a change to look "good" but "good" is subjective so that's really your call in the end.

Reactions: hiflyer201
So, you can still set the waypoint even if the controller says the camera angle is too small or two large? I did not know that.

and what is the easiest way to exit quick shots?

Usually the pause button or a flip of the mode switch will cancel the operation.

So, you can still set the waypoint even if the controller says the camera angle is too small or two large? I did not know that.

I've had that problem as well. What the hell is my drone doing telling me the angle I choose is not ideal?

Must admit I've not tried telling it to take a hike and set it anyway. Next time I'll show it who's running the show around here!

I've had that problem as well. What the hell is my drone doing telling me the angle I choose is not ideal?

Must admit I've not tried telling it to take a hike and set it anyway. Next time I'll show it who's running the show around here!
Be careful. It may decide to take a hike, and disappear over the horizon. ?

Tried this a couple of days ago. Would not accept a second waypoint. We were camping and I sent the drone up to take a hyperlapse of us putting the tent up. The first attempt at selecting a waypoint and it said 'too low'. Uh? So I took it up a few meteres and tried again. First point accepted. But no way was it accepting another. I flew it around for a few minutes and tried different angles between the drone and the tent and different angles on the gimbal but no go.

Anyone know a solution to this? Or what parameters it's using to deny the selection so I can allow for them?

I don't know the exact parameters, but 'angle' doesn't need to be taken literally. It should rather say 'change' since you can just move the drone without any change of angle or gimbal direction and after covering some distance or height, it'll say 'good'. (and later 'too much').
It may not help you much with the tent scene, though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming