DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

camera app

jlabate

Reactions
At this early stage with my new drone, I am primarily interested in taking still photographs. I'm using a Mavic 2 Pro with the smart controller/Go 4 and would like to be able to see precisely what the camera will record when making a still photograph. I want to clearly see the four edges of the frame. One issue is the map in the lower left corner. I haven't been able to find a way to toggle that off/on and sometimes find things in that corner that I did not see and do not want in the image. Any ideas?

Also reading the smart controller pdf manual, I see this (screen shot below) showing a "camera" app but am unable to find it on the DJI app downloads. Is it third party or maybe discontinued? Maybe it would be of no use to me but I don't know.

Lastly, other than an introductory post, this is my first post. Is this the right forum for this question?

1609704587541.png

Attachments

• 1609703829298.png
    1609703829298.png
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
You swipe the screen vertically with one finger (or 2, depending on how you configured it in the app) to go in/out of full screen and hide all the clutter.

Camera app was likely the default android camera app that would have been for the controller's built-in camera if it had one, but it doesn't so there's no point in the app being there.

When I swipe up the corner map seems to stay. If I touch the upper right corner of the little map and convert it to the radar display it then disappears when I swipe up.

Reactions: jlabate
You swipe the screen vertically with one finger (or 2, depending on how you configured it in the app) to go in/out of full screen and hide all the clutter.

Camera app was likely the default android camera app that would have been for the controller's built-in camera if it had one, but it doesn't so there's no point in the app being there.
Thank you Kilrah for the quick reply to the answer I wanted to hear.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Just now tried it, for me, the swipe up clears everything including the map. Thanks again to you both.
I tried it without a connection to the drone. That might be the difference. BTW, you can call me Ken.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev