DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera elevation in GE way too high after exporting a VLM

Darrin Hartford

Reactions
So, I have been using VLM with GE to preview/preframe my flights quite successfully for the past number of years. However, as of lately, I'm experiencing an incalculably frustrating problem. After I export the .csv file in VLM (version 2.5.0) my camera view in GE Pro is way too high. It's like the camera altitude is set hundreds of feet too high. It flies through the waypoints and tilts the gimbal as I have programmed the mission, but the height of the virtual camera makes previewing the mission completely useless. I've confirmed that GE and VLM are both on the same units of measure (imperial, cuz murica), that the GE exaggeration factor is set at 1.0, and my "use online elevation box" has also been checked. I have set up several missions in the past with no issues like this whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I'm starting to pull my hair out trying to resolve this issue. It seems like I'm missing a GE setting or checkbox somewhere. If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong, I would be extremely grateful for any assistance on correcting this issue!

So, I have been using VLM with GE to preview/preframe my flights quite successfully for the past number of years. However, as of lately, I'm experiencing an incalculably frustrating problem. After I export the .csv file in VLM (version 2.5.0) my camera view in GE Pro is way too high. It's like the camera altitude is set hundreds of feet too high. It flies through the waypoints and tilts the gimbal as I have programmed the mission, but the height of the virtual camera makes previewing the mission completely useless. I've confirmed that GE and VLM are both on the same units of measure (imperial, cuz murica), that the GE exaggeration factor is set at 1.0, and my "use online elevation box" has also been checked. I have set up several missions in the past with no issues like this whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? I'm starting to pull my hair out trying to resolve this issue. It seems like I'm missing a GE setting or checkbox somewhere. If anyone has any idea what I'm doing wrong, I would be extremely grateful for any assistance on correcting this issue!
Friendly advice: you may want to move this to the control app forum and/or spell out Virtual Litchi Mission and Google Earth. I’m pretty familiar with both and have used them together (though not that recently) and it wasn’t immediately clear to me, particularly from just seeing the subject line, what you were talking about. I regret that I don’t have an answer, but making this clearer would probably make it clearer that someone who does will notice the thread and respond.

Reactions: AZDave

Why would you write 250 words of text but cryptically abbreviate the two most important references in your entire post?

For what it may be worth, I don't use Litchi (yet) but every time I load any .srt (converted to .kml) or other path into Google Earth my displayed elevations are the combination of the drone file elevations AND the Google Earth elevation. They get added together and I have yet to find an easy way around that. I haven't found any setting in Google Earth that would fix that issue.

Reactions: Maviac
Hi - please post a link to your problematic mission and I will take at look at it. Remember to make it publicly accessible by removing the 'private' tick in the mission hub.

Thanks

N

Reactions: Prismatic
Why would you write 250 words of text but cryptically abbreviate the two most important references in your entire post?
Here's a reason: Anyone who doesn't know those acronyms pretty much off-the-bat is highly unlikely to be of any help to the OP. Those who do, might.
Love 'em or hate 'em, acronyms are the shorthand used by those who are knowledgeable. Spelling everything out is freshman level.

Last edited:
Here's a reason: If one doesn't know those acronyms pretty much off-the-bat, one can not possibly be of help to the OP. By not spelling them out, he A) saves himself from many wild-donkey guesses that go nowhere, and B) saves the time of those wild donkeys who skip over the thread because they don't understand the title.
I'd bet $100 that neither are his reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000