DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera tilted badly, then went back to normal but lost settings

Mange

Reactions
Was gonna try and film the sunset tonight, it was a huge let down and I flew around trying to capture some clips of an old building instead. All of a sudden the camera tilts badly. I started bringing it down and when it was about 2-3m from the ground it went good again. However my specific camera settings I had entered to capture the sunset was now gone and I had to redo all of them (ISO, shutter speed, WB).

First, and only, time this has ever happened to me. The drone is about 2 weeks old and been flying 7-8 times.

Had on DJI original ND filter (i really don't like the build quality of these, i first thought it was the filter coming loose that caused the camera to tilt)
Good battery life in both drone and controller.
Good signal strength.
Latest firmware.
iOS 11 beta 3.

Kind regards / Mange

Happened to me yesterday. Flight logs showed that everything was fine. No ND filter on mine. Did your camera stop recording when this happened?

Yes it did stop. Never happened to me since then actually. Haven't checked my flight logs (I'm so new to the mavic that i don't really know where to look and what to look for)

Ok, DJI must have some "issue", happened to me twice now. First time I thought a "bug" hit the camera in flight. Second time caused me to "worry" and start a search, which took me here.

Both times I did not find anything in the video or on the camera lens to "point" that something hit the camera in flight.

Both times looked the same in the video, everything fine, nothing shows up near the lens then, the video jumps as camera tilts up and right. After a moment or so the camera moves back to somewhat "normal" but rolled as if making a banked left turn but the Mavic is in level flight. Seems shortly after that the video stops recording without me stopping it. (At that point I'm more focused on getting the "bird" back to me so looking at the RC not the video)

Each time I confirmed the Gimbal mounts all look fine, no error message popped up. Power down, power up and everything seems fine again. . . .

Ideas???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78